How to Change Detection ?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
senkothanh037

How to Change Detection ?

Post by senkothanh037 »

I am using a free service from changedetection.com to notify me when there are changes to the text on my blog.

I am getting notices for every page every day because of the calendar changing the date.

changedetection.com says that I can tag parts of the page to ignore by adding this code;

"To ignore the changes on part of a page (for example the page header, nav bar, footer, or an ad that is changed continuously) use the following two tags as illustrated:
...stuff to monitor for changes...
<!-- ChangeDetection.com detection="off" -->
...stuff to ignore...
<!-- ChangeDetection.com detection="on" -->
...stuff to monitor for changes... "

My question is where would I insert that code, and on which files? Where is the calendar activated?
yellowled
Regular

Re: How to Change Detection ?

Post by yellowled »

senkothanh037 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:47 amMy question is where would I insert that code, and on which files? Where is the calendar activated?
The calendar is emitted by a template file called plugin_calendar.tpl, which would be the place where you would add those lines. It's possible that /templates/YOUR_THEME/ does not have said file due to the way template fallbacks work in s9y. If that's the case, you can just copy /templates/2k11/plugin_calendar.tpl to /templates/YOUR_THEME/plugin_calendar.tpl and edit the latter.

YL