Help please - altering page

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
RobertAH

Help please - altering page

Post by RobertAH »

I have a page at: https://ahmaa.co.uk/blog/
On the right hand side is a list of Categories with in front of each one an rss icon - I want to remove that but I can't find the file to alter - I thought it would be templates/default/plugin_categories.tpl but I was wrong - suspect I am looking at the wrong file or wrong directory but am confused... HELP PLEASE

Note: I can 'hack' 'smash' and 'crash' code but am not a programmer, so please be gentle with me :) :) :)
onli
Regular

Re: Help please - altering page

Post by onli »

What exactly do you want to remove, the rss icon in front of the categories?
RobertAH

Post by RobertAH »

Hello - Yes, exactly that the icon is what I want to remove.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Okay.

First, it would be nice if you would not remove it. The RSS icon gives visitors an easy access to the category feed, it is useful. It looks not too good with your design because of the white dots at the edges, for that you could replace the icon with something better. With the option "XML-Button" of the plugin you could set a different icon, like I did in my blog.

Though in fact I thought we had already replaced the default option with something better.

That option should also help you if you really want to remove it: Set "none" there and the icon should vanish.

You reach the setting from the plugin menu in the backend, or by following the edit link when being logged in and in the frontend of your blog.
RobertAH

Post by RobertAH »

Many thanks.