PHP 7.2 / smarty warning in Installer: "The each() function is deprecated."

Found a bug? Tell us!!
hanno
Regular

PHP 7.2 / smarty warning in Installer: "The each() function is deprecated."

Post by hanno »

The s9y installer gives me a warning about a deprecated function in PHP 7.2:

PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/hanno/websites/s9y.q2.re/htdocs/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php on line 75

This happens in both the latest release 2.1.2 and the git code just by going to the installer start page.

This is within the bundled smarty, which is version 3.1.27. According to the smarty webpage 3.1.31 should fix remaining issues with PHP 7.2. 3.1.32 is a security update (though I can't judge whether it's relevant). In any case it would probably be good to update the smarty code in s9y.
hanno
Regular

Re: PHP 7.2 / smarty warning in Installer: "The each() function is deprecated."

Post by hanno »

A similar warning, but within s9y's own code, appears if I fully do an installation of the current git code with 7.2:

== ERROR-REPORT (BETA/ALPHA-BUILDS) ==
Notice: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /[path]/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 1123.
For more details set $serendipity['production'] = 'debug' in serendipity_config_local.inc.php to receive a stack-trace.

Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: Notice: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /[path]/include/plugin_api.inc.php:1123
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: errorToExceptionHandler(8192, 'The each() func...', '/home/hanno/web...', 1123, Array)
#1 /[path]/include/plugin_api.inc.php(1123): each(Array)
#2 /[path]/include/functions_config.inc.php(532): serendipity_plugin_api::hook_event('backend_login', false, NULL)
#3 /[path]/include/functions_config.inc.php(374): serendipity_authenticate_author('', '', false, false)
#4 /[path]/serendipity_config.inc.php(371): serendipity_login(false)
#5 /[path]/index.php(12): include('/home/hanno/web...')
#6 {main}
thrown in /[path]/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 1123
hanno
Regular

Post by hanno »

Did that.

Is it now preferred to use the github bug tracker instead of this forum?
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

hanno wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:16 pmIs it now preferred to use the github bug tracker instead of this forum?
We try to track (all) bugs with github issues (only).

The first point of contact for users is still the forum, because it's easier to discuss, debug and reproduce issues here (and distinguish them from support questions). A developer can/should/will open a github issue afterwards so we can track the bug.

But if you're comfortable with a bug tracker (I know you are :) ) and if there's no need to discuss anything, i.e. if you can submit a good bug report without further ado, we would prefer that as that saves us some work.