Error message when accessing plugins in admincp

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
NumNum

Error message when accessing plugins in admincp

Post by NumNum »

Hello all, new guy here. Sorry if this isn't in the right forum.

I recently started using serendipity and stumbled across a problem as described above. The error I get is ;

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/scholllo/an-open-line.com/plugins/serendipity_plugin_adduser/common.inc.php on line 70

I honestly have no clue where to go, please don't laugh. :D
onli
Regular

Re: Error message when accessing plugins in admincp

Post by onli »

Hi, and welome :)
That is a bug and not your mistake. PHP changed what can be done with references, and it seems the adduser plugin is not sufficiently often used with modern PHP versions to have that bug already be reported.

There is a fix: Change line 17 of plugins/serendipity_plugin_adduser/common.inc.php from

Code: Select all

static function sendMail(&$username, &$hash, &$email, $approve_only = false, $admin_cc = true) {
to

Code: Select all

static function sendMail($username, $hash, $email, $approve_only = false, $admin_cc = true) {
(remove the &). I did not test the functionality of the plugin after that change - I'm not familiar with it - but from looking at the code I think this should change nothing, apart from making it work ;)

I will push a fix to spartacus, but you will sadly have to do the change manually to make your blog working again, since you can't reach spartacus like that.