Wrong entries on second page

Found a bug? Tell us!!
xoxyss
Regular

Wrong entries on second page

Post by xoxyss »

Hi,

there seems to be something wrong with the paging on my blog (geeklabor.de). In the settings i have set "Number of entries per page" to 10. The first site shows the correct number of 10 entries. The second page only shows two entries and the last page 10 again. Any idea?

Thanks,
xoxyss
yellowled
Regular

Re: Wrong entries on second page

Post by yellowled »

xoxyss wrote:there seems to be something wrong with the paging on my blog (geeklabor.de). In the settings i have set "Number of entries per page" to 10. The first site shows the correct number of 10 entries. The second page only shows two entries and the last page 10 again. Any idea?
Interesting, that's supposed to be fixed. https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/269

But you are on the latest s9y version, and the issue cited above is related to search results … I'm sure onli will know something about this.

YL
onli
Regular

Re: Wrong entries on second page

Post by onli »

If you have the stable archive option active, we need a page that can shrink and grow to be able to always have the same 10 entries on the later pages. The frontpage would be too visible for that, thus it is the second page that does that. You will see that if you save a new entry it will have three. It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

I know it is kind of surprising, but the benefit of that is to have less useless changes in the archive, and stable search results (if the archive gets indexed). It's worth it!