Where can I buy / download the kinetic template

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
carlman

Where can I buy / download the kinetic template

Post by carlman »

Hello!
I found the Kinetic template on internet and it looks good with that magazine look and that there are room for ads / banners in the sidebars.

I wonder now, where can I buy this kinetic template (because it seems that it isn't for free)?
Or is it out of date and no longer provided? If so, do you know any template that is similar?

Another question, I want to add commercial banners in the sidebars on my blog.
Do I need certain templates for this or is there any plugin that allows me to enter images with links and preferably in a sliding way so the banners keep changing...?

I hope you know what I mean :) and thanks a lot in advance!
yellowled
Regular

Re: Where can I buy / download the kinetic template

Post by yellowled »

carlman wrote:I wonder now, where can I buy this kinetic template (because it seems that it isn't for free)?
I'm sure Don (the author of Kinetic) will chime in here later.

Kinetic announcement
Purchase options
carlman wrote:Another question, I want to add commercial banners in the sidebars on my blog.
Do I need certain templates for this or is there any plugin that allows me to enter images with links and preferably in a sliding way so the banners keep changing...?
I don't know if Kinetic supports sliding banners explicitly, but I'm sure Don will be able to answer that.

In general, you can add almost anything to a sidebar in s9y with the HTML Nugget sidebar plugin (yes, it can display more than just HTML).

YL
carlman

Post by carlman »

Thanks for the quick and kind reply!
I will see if I can get a hold of Don then :)
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I decided to no longer SELL Kinetic. Instead, it will become free. I noticed a little quirk the other day when using serendipity 2.0, so I will try to fix that later today, then tell you how you can download it. Optionally, you can send me your email address and I will send you a zipfile when I'm done with it.
=Don=
carlman

Post by carlman »

That is great news!
And absolutely thanks for the quick reply!
I will send you my email in a message...I'm not sure if you're supposed to write email addresses out in the open, so just to be on the safe side :)

And thanks again for all the kindness!
AliRaza08

Post by AliRaza08 »

I want to add commercial banners in the sidebars on my blog.
We provide fast success in test-king dumps exam and by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

AliRaza08 wrote:I want to add commercial banners in the sidebars on my blog.
You can use the "HTML Nugget" (for banners in the sidebars) or "HTML Page Nugget" (for banners in the header/footer) plugins. HTML nugget comes with serendipity by default, the HTML Page Nugget plugin can be installed via Spartacus.

Sliding and changing banners is something that would need to be implemented with a jquery slideshow script or something like that, you could use any HTML/JS you like for that in the sidebar; there's no "prebuilt" method for this.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Czorneboh
Regular

Post by Czorneboh »

Hi (from a Kinetic-user :-)
Sliding and changing banners is something that would need to be implemented with a jquery slideshow script or something like that, you could use any HTML/JS you like for that in the sidebar; there's no "prebuilt" method for this
Such ready-made solutions are available in some of the affiliate networks like Tradetracker, Tradedoubler, Zanox. With the there choosen merchants (if you are accepted as affiliate) it is easy to fill the rotatating ad-box with your favorites and place that in the sidebar or in the header.

Pitty, that there is no easy solution for us to submit ads in the sidebar, if a user opens static pages. If you want to sell services or goods here, the adds in the sidebar or in the heads can disturb your business.

Would be gread to have a switcher (in the template options), with which you can decide, if the adds are showed in both static and dynamic pages or only in dyanamic pages. (or only in static pages, what for me seems to be not that important).

There are some banners in my blog, only a view. It depends on the category of the page you are visiting (thanks of another nice plugin)
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Czorneboh wrote: Would be gread to have a switcher (in the template options), with which you can decide, if the adds are showed in both static and dynamic pages or only in dyanamic pages. (or only in static pages, what for me seems to be not that important).
That would require a change to the html nugget plugin. I seem to remember asking for changes changes to the plugin to support options such as that, but those kinds of modifications are so very specific, that I doubt many people would benefit from it. If I had the skills, I would do it myself. I remember also wanting an option to show a nugget only for a specified category view. Maybe my skills will improve enough to one day do that.
=Don=