Showlinks bug since upgrade to 2.0 lite

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Showlinks bug since upgrade to 2.0 lite

Post by Don Chambers »

Noelb wrote:Ahh, this appears to has solved the alignment issues! Thanks Don.
Good news!
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Noelb wrote:Nope... and thats crazy, two different machines, two different OS's, and a bunch of browsers to boot... The win box is using java 8's latest, and this linux box is using the java 7 latest.
I think I mentioned this before, but maybe not clearly enough – this has nothing to do with Java, but with JavaScript. Those are two completely seperate languages.

To sum this part up:

* You're reporting an issue with the backend that no one else has reported and that I can not reproduce in any browser.
* You don't seem to have Javascript disabled in your browsers, otherwise you would not even see the move icon for the plugins.
* You don't get any error messages in the Javascript Console in your browsers, either.
* You seem to have updated you installation to 2.0 properly, though.

I really have no idea why this does not work. Sorry.

YL
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

yellowled wrote:
Noelb wrote:Nope... and thats crazy, two different machines, two different OS's, and a bunch of browsers to boot... The win box is using java 8's latest, and this linux box is using the java 7 latest.
I think I mentioned this before, but maybe not clearly enough – this has nothing to do with Java, but with JavaScript. Those are two completely seperate languages.

To sum this part up:

* You're reporting an issue with the backend that no one else has reported and that I can not reproduce in any browser.
* You don't seem to have Javascript disabled in your browsers, otherwise you would not even see the move icon for the plugins.
* You don't get any error messages in the Javascript Console in your browsers, either.

YL
No worries, thanks for your help anyway. Now the links ordering is resolved, the "move" is no longer a priority at the moment.
Cheers
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

yellowled wrote:

To sum this part up:

YL
Curious, did you try this with the Lite version? Tonight, was first time I've had to log new topic (I only rant on when I got something to say LOL) and I note a lot of those buttons dont work, for instance in editing a new topic, I cant use i, b, or insert media or url's - nothing happens, I've tried to dumb down this laptop to nothing as far as protections go, and nothings changed.. also the preview button does nothing, save works though :)
firefox error console
firefox error console
qwertyu.png (18.7 KiB) Viewed 9128 times
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

I can confirm this is a BUG with Lite version, including 2.0.1

I just uploaded the full install over the lite as docs say you can do, and all those freakin $#%$@ buttons work, so I knew I wasn't going around the twist just yet!

Dunno if its a byproduct of this, but when adding an inline media, when you click on Done, it does nothing now but at least all other buttons now work since move to full version

(if devs are interested I did still keep a lite version backup if you guys need anything tested)
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Noelb wrote:(if devs are interested I did still keep a lite version backup if you guys need anything tested)
Please keep that. Someone's going to have to test that with a lite version then – whoever gets to do that first, please report back here.

I don't know enough about the process of generating the lite version, but it should not generate JS bugs that are related to the lite version only. Then again, you never know. It might be that the lite version generation removes something that is now essential in 2.x. We'll have to test that.

Thanks for sticking with the issue. :)

YL
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

yellowled wrote:
Noelb wrote:(if devs are interested I did still keep a lite version backup if you guys need anything tested)
Please keep that. Someone's going to have to test that with a lite version then – whoever gets to do that first, please report back here.

I don't know enough about the process of generating the lite version, but it should not generate JS bugs that are related to the lite version only. Then again, you never know. It might be that the lite version generation removes something that is now essential in 2.x. We'll have to test that.

Thanks for sticking with the issue. :)

YL
Hi, no problems got plenty drive capacity on that box.
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

I may have been overly jumping for joy a bit early... Those buttons actually still do not work in firefox could this be because of that screen cap error? (ff is latest release from mozilla - not some distro repo)

BUT, they DO, all of them, including the "Done" in adding media, work in my older version of Chrome since upgrading to full (where as even in chrome the lite did not)

so its definitely a vast improvement on using the Lite only version.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

The one thing I can reproduce so far is that in fact the lite zip is “broken”, i.e. in a fresh install, the entry editor buttons as well as other JS functions, including expanding collapsed items, do not work in Firefox (tested in 36.0.3/OSX) or Chrome (41/OSX).

The reason is actually pretty simple: the bundled jQuery is missing.

I assume this is an error in the generation of the lite packages. It does kind of make sense since the lite package removes a lot of the themes shipped with the core to save space – since the jQuery library sits in the same directory, it is probably removed accidentally as well.

Thanks again for sticking with the topic and pushing us to find this issue!

YL
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

yellowled wrote:The one thing I can reproduce so far is that in fact the lite zip is “broken”, i.e. in a fresh install, the entry editor buttons as well as other JS functions, including expanding collapsed items, do not work in Firefox (tested in 36.0.3/OSX) or Chrome (41/OSX).

The reason is actually pretty simple: the bundled jQuery is missing.

I assume this is an error in the generation of the lite packages. It does kind of make sense since the lite package removes a lot of the themes shipped with the core to save space – since the jQuery library sits in the same directory, it is probably removed accidentally as well.

Thanks again for sticking with the topic and pushing us to find this issue!

YL
no worries :)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Currently github is down and I cannot build a new release. But I'll do this ASAP.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

superi67 wrote:I love this comment section, really helpful information on bugs. Do you know what else is helpful? This site I just found that helps settle your case, its right ​xxxxxxxxxxxxx and super useful in the event you need it.

guess who just got entered into a URIbl :)