Insert Media peek-a-boo

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
Don Chambers
Regular

Insert Media peek-a-boo

Post by Don Chambers »

In template config options, if a media option (like a header image) has a description, and that description is shown, the media button moves.

PS, would you guys rather this was posted as an issue in github?
=Don=
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Insert Media peek-a-boo

Post by garvinhicking »

Hey Don,

I actually do think specific things like these can be adressed in github issues quite good, because it can easily be closed and we can assign members to those issues...

Something that can not precisely addressed or is more a question or suggestion can still be discussed here on the forums of course. Also issues like these can still be discussed here on the boards, so no worries. ;)

(My personal workflow has a higher priority for github issues)
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:In template config options, if a media option (like a header image) has a description, and that description is shown, the media button moves.
I need to build a test case so I can replace that first. Might take me some time, kind of busy over the next two days.

Side note: I remember Garvin saying that descriptions were kind of “expensive” in theme options, so theme authors should avoid them if possible (by just adding the description text to the label).
Don Chambers wrote:PS, would you guys rather this was posted as an issue in github?
Yes, so we can reference the related commits to it, assign it to a milestone and generally so that every issue (and the related solution) is documented.

YL
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hey!
Side note: I remember Garvin saying that descriptions were kind of “expensive” in theme options, so theme authors should avoid them if possible (by just adding the description text to the label).
Hhhm I think that should not be the case, at least I wouldn't remember why ;)
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

garvinhicking wrote:Hhhm I think that should not be the case, at least I wouldn't remember why ;)
That is entirely possible because you very likely said so at the time when we created BP. I assume it had something to do with having to add extra theme-specific lang constants. (Remember, Grandma's performance pennies?)

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

I have a test case to reproduce this, but no solution yet.

https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/288

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I'm liking the newer, "clean" appearance of things in the backend. I thought that new info button was the perfect opportunity to conceal description text instead of having a really lengthy field name.

Whether I use it or not, I thought the button issue should be resolved.

So, if I had posted this on Github instead of here, is there a way to include a photo (as I did here)? The photo in this case said more than I could have in words.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:Whether I use it or not, I thought the button issue should be resolved.
It should be resolved just because it it possible to use it that way, even if no one does at the moment.
Don Chambers wrote:So, if I had posted this on Github instead of here, is there a way to include a photo (as I did here)? The photo in this case said more than I could have in words.
Yes. You can just drag an image to the textarea on GitHub, it will be uploaded and saved on GitHub and embedded in the issue or comment on the issue. Or you can link to a screenshot you have in your Dropbox or whatever using GitHub Markdown.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I will use Github next time for sure. Aren't you guys glad I have returned from the dead??!! :mrgreen:
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:Aren't you guys glad I have returned from the dead??!! :mrgreen:
Quick, someone google if there's a character called Don in “The Walking Dead”. (There is, but it's in the comics only, not in the TV show. Yet.)

By the way, I just commited a fix for this to master and 2.0, so knock yourself out with preview images and description. :)

YL