[2.0] Update 1.7.8 → 2.0-RC1

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
yellowled
Regular

[2.0] Update 1.7.8 → 2.0-RC1

Post by yellowled »

Updating 1.7.8 (yes, that's my productive blog) to 2.0-RC1, I get
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare serendipity_smarty_html5time() (previously declared in /var/www/virtual/user/html/include/functions_smarty.inc.php:63) in /var/www/virtual/user/html/templates/126a/config.inc.php on line 9
Which made me think “Oh, okay. We now define that in the core, so I'll just uncomment it in my theme's config.inc.php and reload.” which gives me
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin tag "serendipity_html5time" already registered <-- thrown in /var/www/virtual/user/html/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 449
I then figured out that I had to uncomment more from my theme's config.inc.php than I did. That's what I get for doing all this PHP stuff over the past couple of months. :wink:

Soooo … did we check all bundled and/or additional themes for said function? Did I just stumble upon this because my theme is a non-public, home-grown one or …?

YL
yellowled
Regular

Re: [2.0] Update 1.7.8 → 2.0-RC1

Post by yellowled »

Hm, interesting: In the aforementioned home-grown, non-public theme's index.tpl, I use

Code: Select all

{include file="piwik.tpl"}
to include a Piwik snippet. That now throws a
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'piwik.tpl' in '/home/user/html/templates/126a/index.tpl' <-- thrown in /var/www/virtual/user/html/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129
I assume this is somehow(?) related to a Smarty update between 1.7.8 and 2.0-RC1?

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

yellowled wrote:Soooo … did we check all bundled and/or additional themes for said function? Did I just stumble upon this because my theme is a non-public, home-grown one or …?
At least that is a function I only saw in 2k11. I don't remember specifically checking other templates though. But I did not stumble upon that error when updating my blog -> the standard old themes shouldn't have that function.

The piwik error message is kind of lacking - why does the include fail? Something in the logs?
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

onli wrote:At least that is a function I only saw in 2k11.
I assume it is only in 2k11, and as far as I read on Twitter from other people, it didn't cause any issues there, so we're probably covered.
onli wrote:The piwik error message is kind of lacking - why does the include fail? Something in the logs?
Oh, logs. Didn't think to check that. But nope, nothing in the server's error log.

YL
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

yellowled wrote:Hm, interesting: In the aforementioned home-grown, non-public theme's index.tpl, I use

Code: Select all

{include file="piwik.tpl"}
to include a Piwik snippet. That now throws a
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'piwik.tpl' in '/home/user/html/templates/126a/index.tpl' <-- thrown in /var/www/virtual/user/html/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129
I assume this is somehow(?) related to a Smarty update between 1.7.8 and 2.0-RC1?
No, I cannot reproduce this. If that file is in templates/126a the index include call will find it!
What is its content?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Timbalu wrote:No, I cannot reproduce this. If that file is in templates/126a the index include call will find it! What is its content?
It is. It is also readable for the webserver user, and it's content is a JS snippet required for Piwik (similar to the usual Google Analytics snippet). And yes, it was working before, it is escaped properly and it does work if I include the snippet directly in the index.tpl.

YL
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

YL, before I said I could not reproduce it, I tested it with 2k11 and contest.
The piwik.tpl with <p>hello to piwik</p> and index.tpl with {include file="piwik.tpl"}. This works. So it must a name typo or something else.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian