[2.0] A heads-up on the state of the RC issues

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
yellowled
Regular

[2.0] A heads-up on the state of the RC issues

Post by yellowled »

A (rather individual) heads-up on the state of the remaining issues for the RC milestone:

Basically the only remaining issues in the RC milestone that I can cover are #149 and #189, and they kind of belong together (styling/JS for additional plugins). I also have it in the back of my mind to reiterate the tags overlay window at least a bit.

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks, and unfortunately, it's not looking good for the next couple of weeks, either. (Busy with work until at least mid September, maybe longer.) Also, my DSL line is acting funny at the moment, and provider's support is really taking their time on that. :roll:

If anybody needs help/feedback on CSS/JS stuff for the other issues from me, don't necessarily expect me to react quickly. Also, I might not be able to keep the dev blog up to date, so if you need to test something with a recent snapshot, please use a local dev setup for that.

YL
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: [2.0] A heads-up on the state of the RC issues

Post by garvinhicking »

Hey,

I'd love to have a get-together of us developers on the state of things. Due to my holiday I've been out of the loop as wel and am just catching up.

I'd really like to push a 2.0 out the door, but from what I gather we have not made progress on the area of "ckeditor custom config" inclusion, and some other things also need adressing...
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

garvinhicking wrote:I'd love to have a get-together of us developers on the state of things. Due to my holiday I've been out of the loop as wel and am just catching up.
I'm not even sure I'm up to speed as to what needs to be done anymore, so I second that. Might be difficult to organize given the fact that Malte is currently without internet at home, though.

It's been 3 weeks since I originally posted the heads-up. My general availability might not be much better over the next couple of weeks (still organizing my work schedule), but a weekend dev talk should be possible.

As for pushing out a 2.0 RC, I'm not sure we're there just yet. As much as I would like to be done with this, I don't see us getting anywhere near a release before the end of the year. I might be wrong there.

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

So, uhm, should we schedule something for a new dev talk? We currently have 8 open issues for the RC milestone, most of which probably need discussion to advance them further.

onli, what about your internet? Will you be able to join us in Mumble? If not, is there an ETA as to when you will be?

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Sorry, I'm basically only online while working and here almost swamped. No ETA when internet at home will work, till then it's quite hard for me to work on any issues.

Of course, I could come at a week-end into a place with internet and at least participate at the dev-talk, but don't know how productive that will be, if I don't work before on the issues.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

onli wrote:Sorry, I'm basically only online while working and here almost swamped. No ETA when internet at home will work, till then it's quite hard for me to work on any issues.

Of course, I could come at a week-end into a place with internet and at least participate at the dev-talk, but don't know how productive that will be, if I don't work before on the issues.
I don't think you want to do that. I don't think we want you to do that, either. :)

As for the rest of us, I can't really make a call here. Since “my” issue (#149) is now officially moved to the Stable milestone, I feel I can't really contribute much to the remaining RC issues. That doesn't mean I want to skip the dev talk, but I can't judge whether we can be productive without onli being present.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Oui! Internet works, just came home. I'll have a look at the issues the following days :)
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

onli wrote:Oui! Internet works, just came home.
That was fast. :shock:

As for scheduling, I forgot that Garvin's away and might not be looking at this for a couple of days. Oh, well. It's not as if this couldn't wait another day or three.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Ok, I'm through with "my" issues. In my eyes, all that is missing for the RC is the small thing with the spartacus group filter, https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/200, (though this doesn't have to block the RC) and the big task of the plugin selection, https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/71 - which I can do but know that it is better if Garvin would do that, given that he has to be ok with it. So I'l lwait till I hear "do it" or "I did it" ;)

Of course, that all is only true only if the fixes from today work as I think. I didn't close any issues, that should wait for whoever can confirm the fixes.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hey guys,

terribly sorry - I'm so swamped with work I was not able to keep up. Sadly this'll continue until at least mid-october (when the first deadline arrives for our project, which will probably be moved up to november because it's unrealistic).

I do think before the final 2.0 release we'll need one more dev-talk with all of us. Maybe we could try to schedule this at the end of october/beginning of november, and I'll try to get up with things until then?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

garvinhicking wrote:Sadly this'll continue until at least mid-october
Pretty much the same here.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Ok. I'll see what I can wrap up until then.