pubsubhubbub

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
User avatar
onli
Regular
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 pm
Contact:

Re: pubsubhubbub

Post by onli » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:37 pm

No, there is nothing yet. It didnt work in the past and as you can see, i didn't receive that much help ;)

Wanted to try it again with the current ubuntu-version...

User avatar
blog.brockha.us
Regular
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: pubsubhubbub

Post by blog.brockha.us » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 pm

What kind of help do you need?
- Grischa Brockhaus - http://blog.brockha.us
- Want to make me happy? http://wishes.brockha.us/

User avatar
onli
Regular
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 pm
Contact:

Re: pubsubhubbub

Post by onli » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:02 pm

I got stuck at the point of the plugin sending to the hub, but getting no reaction from him. So someone testing the plugin with a testinstallation and a local hub (one probably need to get into the code for that to set the hub to localhost) - and i should do the same.

User avatar
onli
Regular
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 pm
Contact:

Re: pubsubhubbub

Post by onli » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 pm

For the future: The plugin never worked and I abandoned it. But I just build a pubsubhubbub-subscriber in ruby for another project of mine, and after some fighting to get proper debug-output, that one seems to be working fine so far. By comparing that code with the plugin in this thread i notice that there is an error:

Code: Select all

foreach ($topic_urls as $topic_url) {
    // lightweight check that we're actually working w/ a valid url
    if (!preg_match("|^https?://|i",$topic_url)) 
        throw new Exception('The specified topic url does not appear to be valid: '.$topic_url);
    $post_string .= "&hub.url=".urlencode($topic_url);
}
This is wrong, because the topic-url (the url of the updated feed) has to be the value of the parameter hub.topic, not hub.url.

Possible that the specification changed by now, but the specification lists no change since the time i wrote that plugin. It is quite possible that the plugin could work by simply exchanging hub.url with hub.topic at that line. If someone wants to test that, be my guest.

I'll try to revisit the plugin at a later time, if i find the time. I'm quite confident i'd now be able to get it working.

Post Reply