User management

This is the place to chat about anything that's related to the free blog-hosting-service called supersized.
Boris

User management

Post by Boris »

My girl-friend wanted to install a blog for a project and of course I told her "use the best blog in the world -- the one I use". :-) Because she wanted to use a public service, I advised her to supersized.org.

All works fine, except one problem: She couldn't delete the users she created.
I just found out this was because she could only edit users in her own group. And she is only in the group "chief-editor", but not in the simple "editor"-group.

I think it would be better if the default-user is in both groups, would it?

Nevertheless: supersized.org seems to be a great service!
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

i'll have a look. thanks, boris
odoepner

User management bug?

Post by odoepner »

Hello!

I keep getting the following error message when I go to "Manage users" on my recently created blog bund-sb.supersized.org:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/lib/php/s9y-supersized/include/admin/users.inc.php on line 188

We want to use the blog as a group (environmental group BUND Saarbrücken) and it's important for us to set up several authors.

Is it a bug in the s9y software?

thank you
Oliver Doepner
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

yeah, it will be fixed soon. at supersized.org we're always running the s9y development versions, so these glitches may appear every once in a while. i'll see what i can do tonight.

take care,
jannis
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

yeah, it will be fixed soon. at supersized.org we're always running the s9y development versions, so these glitches may appear every once in a while. i'll see what i can do tonight.

take care,
jannis
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

That happens when you don't have any users yet, or you're looking for a user who doesn't exist. Set up a user, and see if it goes away. (Assuming you get the error, but still have that capability. :roll: )
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal