Web server time and other questions

This is the place to chat about anything that's related to the free blog-hosting-service called supersized.
Ken

Web server time and other questions

Post by Ken »

I am using supersized.org and I think its great. A few tings I have a few questions about though. The webserver time seems to be off by about 12 mins or so. If I put in -6 for my time zone (CST). It seems to not be enough, if I put in -7 it seems to display the correct time but it is about 12 mins fast. Wondering what time zone I would put in there to make CST.

Second thing is I can't seem to see a list of users. I can add them but they never show up in the list of manage users.

Third thing is the amount of plug ins availble, I have noticed that other hosting sites offer more plugins. I was just wondering if Supersized.org can offer more.

Thank you
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Sounds like the webserver time is off. I'd talk to the admin and see what time he thinks it is.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Just signed up for an account. Sure enough, their time is off by 12 minutes or so. Nothing we can do about that; the admin will have to set the server time correctly.
Judebert
---
Ken

Server Time

Post by Ken »

Thank you for your help on the server time. Any other thoughts on the plug ins and user list options?

thanks again.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I'm not sure about the list of users. That seems like an error. I tried the same thing myself, and the new users don't show up for me, either. I noticed the only group available is "Chief Editor", but the user I added to that group doesn't work, either.

You could only get extra plugins if supersized.org provided Spartacus (which it doesn't) or allowed you to upload your own (which I'm not sure about).

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Judebert
---
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

It may be because you created a user with the same privileges as your own login. Being equitable, you of course can not delete or modify these users. If you want to "manage" users, you'd have to give them less privileges than you yourself have.