Internal Server Error 500 after Posting

This is the place to chat about anything that's related to the free blog-hosting-service called supersized.
domsui

Internal Server Error 500 after Posting

Post by domsui »

So far I have been very pleased with serendipity (working with the free supersized.org offer). But since today I am getting the message "Internal Server Error 500" after I want to post a weblog-entry. When I delete this one and the one before that, I can add one more, but it seems to get stuck at this point after adding another one again (it doesn't matter what the entry is).
The weird thing is, that after having posted the problematic entry and going back to the admin-page where I can manage all the entries, the problem post appears two times right after each other (with the same time and date). I really can't figure out why this happens and would be thankful if you could give me some advice. The last plugin I have installed and configured has to to with tags (and conversing the categories into tags). Does it have to do with this?
By the way, it seems to get stuck at the 28th entry of my blog.
Many thanks for your help
domsui

Additional Info

Post by domsui »

what I forgot to say:

following the permalink of the problem-entry, everything works fine. Even the static pages still work. The problem only exists when going to the main-URL of my Blog (www.sinnmacherblog.supersized.org) --> I have deleted the problem entry, so it looks like everything works fine...

Again, Please help, and many thanks in advance
domsui

Answer

Post by domsui »

ok, found the answer myself.
Either Serendipity or Supersized doesn't allow my Blog to dsiplay more than 28 Blog Entries on the front/main/start page.
If further plugins are installed, the number drops again; so I guess it has something to do with the performance-capacity of the site.

So if you get that message (500) after posting a new entry when wanting to go to the start page of your blog, just reduce the number of entries displayed on that start page.

Cheers
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Answer

Post by garvinhicking »

(moved to supersized.org support forum)
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/