Server trouble?

This is the place to chat about anything that's related to the free blog-hosting-service called supersized.
flutschkopfblubber
Regular

Server trouble?

Post by flutschkopfblubber »

Is it just me or has supersized.org some server trouble? I´m a rather casual user but i noticed quite a lack of availability for at least a fortnight now, Currently (2007-12-15 / 05:17am CET) my blog (flutschkopfblubber.supersized.org) is down for at least half an hour. AFAIK Jannis is in the US currently, if there´s anything I can do to help (i´ve got some experience in webhosting, php, database,... all that it stuff) drop me a line.

kind regards,
bong bong
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

no, i'm in berlin actually and looking into the server issues. you're right, there's something funky going on since the day before yesterday.
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

until this is resolved i have disabled the following plugins, as they are potential troublemakers:
  • serendipity_event_autosave
  • serendipity_event_backendrss
  • serendipity_event_backup
  • serendipity_event_statistics
  • serendipity_event_comics
  • serendipity_event_gravatar
looking good so far, but that doesn't mean much, as the problems arise with some very weird traffic peaks. we'll see.
flutschkopfblubber
Regular

That´s too bad, I really liked to peek in Statistics to see, how many (or rather few) people read my blog. Anything I could do to help?

regards,
bong bong
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

sure, embed google analytics or something alike with the html nugget plugin :-) and make sure you follow the datenschutzbestimmungen und dass du die leute aufklärst über die von dir (google) gespeicherten daten
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

there's a better solution mentioned in in this post's a better way to do it: the google analytics plugin which has just been installed on supersized, so you guys can use it.
flutschkopfblubber
Regular

Well, statistics isn´t that important to me. I´d rather live without than using analytics.

regards,
bong bong