SEO related

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
detoam
Regular

SEO related

Post by detoam »

Hi everyone!
I have started a new blog a few hours ago. Already got over a thousand visitors.
It's SEO related and everyone is free to join and to be an author. The only condition is of course that the articles are to be related to webmaster topic. The Blog is going to be heavily advertised. Actually I have already started that. I got most of the visitors from stumbleupon and the first of my articles has already being Dugg by another person. It is listed on Technocrati as well.
raj555

SEO Articles

Post by raj555 »

Hi everyone!
I have started a new blog a few hours ago. Already got over a thousand visitors.
It's SEO related and everyone is free to join and to be an author. The only condition is of course that the articles are to be related to webmaster topic. The Blog is going to be heavily advertised. Actually I have already started that. I got most of the visitors from stumbleupon and the first of my articles has already being Dugg by another person. It is listed on Technocrati as well.
The blog is good, but it takes a while to load. you should try to make this blog load fast :oops:
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Spam alert!!!
raj555

Post by raj555 »

Spam alert!!!

Sure !! Your message should be a SPAM alert :lol:
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

You don't appear to be a Serendipity user, or if you are there is no indication of it, then you dredge up an old post and make a comment that doesn't even apply, all because you want to get your signature out there. Sorry, I think you're a spammer, it's on you to prove me wrong.
u1amo01
Regular

Post by u1amo01 »

Ahem, the blog of seotam is powered by WordPress and the blog mentioned in raj555's signature is hosted at blogger.com ...
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Yeah I know, he pulled up an old thread from a user who had a serendipity powered blog then moved to wordpress, and as you say he's using blogger, and he's only got two posts. When I first noticed him he was browsing other threads so I thought I'd let him know he'd been noticed. If he isn't a spammer then I'll apologise, but he hasn't denied it.
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

i think he is... let me know if there's more spam coming from him that i did not catch...
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

there seem to have been quite a few setting up accounts recently, the most recent was today, username 'nikemate'. Need any help cleaning up the memberlist?
gsicard

Spammers suck

Post by gsicard »

I know how you guys feel about this. I run several websites using Serendipity, phpnuke, e107, zencart, coppermine and --- don't slap me - wordpress. I spend a lot of my time tracking and deleting spammers. They hit my phpnuke site quite frequently.

My Serendipity site is a personal blog at http://garysicard.com yes that is my name.

Not much to showoff but wanted to give a plug for the S9Y team for creating such an awesome script.
benjamina

Post by benjamina »

All these answers are very good. I think the main thing you need to consider, however, is that just because you have "chosen keywords", it doesn't mean that Google feels that they apply to your content and your site. Concentrate on they keywords that really apply to your site, making sure they're in your meta titles, link title attributes, content (text), image alt text etc and you'll eventually show up for them if you're doing everything else that you've said you're doing in your original question.
And remember, it won't happen over night, SEO is a slow and ongoing process that can take months and years for more competitive kws.
jacksmith

Re: SEO related

Post by jacksmith »

If you don't mind,Can you share with us some of your ideas about getting high numbers of visitors in such less span of time?