hastalasiesta.org

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
Martin
Regular

hastalasiesta.org

Post by Martin »

Okay...
Still a work in progress as I keep on striving to hack s9y without having the necessary skills to do so.
Anyway; I've been very happy with how customizable the software is, and how helpful people have been on these boards when I need help.

Here is what I've managed so far.

I'll keep hanging about and asking silly questions. :)

-m
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: hastalasiesta.org

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Martin!

Wow, you blog really looks nifty and unique. I love the look of it, great!

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

lookin' good! 8)
Martin
Regular

Post by Martin »

Thanks guys. :)
I'm still reviewing the colors, but that's just my nature. Never done with stuff. :)

-m
tmontague

Post by tmontague »

WOW, Martin! your blog looks great! I was wondering if you made the image of the old man on top of your blog? It looks great! Also great use of colors. what version of serendipity are you using? Thanks,

Thomas
Martin
Regular

Post by Martin »

Hey Thomas. The old guy was made first as a 3D-character sketch, because I can't draw perspective for shit. :) Later I added the rest of the image in illustrator and put on the gradients and cleaned it up in Photoshop.
I am using a slightly hacked version on the 0.8 snapshot.

Thanks for your comments. I feel a redesign is close by as I just discovered how badly IE on WIN will eat my poor design.

-m
Wesley B
Regular

Post by Wesley B »

That is a truly great looking page. Is that the same wikipedia plugin talked about in these forums?

I installed it and it was in german, and didn't look as nice.

Wesley B
Martin
Regular

Post by Martin »

Thanks Wes.
That's the same plugin, yeah. What I did to get it in english was to open the plugin.php file and switch the german phrase for an english one. I suppose I could have translated the whole thing, but my german is really only so-so.

In the same manner I also opened the english language file to get the "Get Fed" header over the RSS-feeds instead of whatever was the original header.

I'd love to see some sort of convention in writing plugins where certain items were always optional so I didn't have to dig around in the different files to find these things. On the other hand I get more familiar with PHP this way. :)

-M
Wesley B
Regular

Post by Wesley B »

I think I'm going to give this a try. The worst thing I can do is trash this plugin, and if that happens I'll just delete it and get another.

Don't know a single thing about php though. Didn't really start to learn html until about eight months ago. I don't use any of this stuff for work; I've been teaching myself because I like to tinker around with it and see what I can do.

If I totally fail to get the plugin edited, I was wondering if you'd be willing to share your edit?

Wesley B
Martin
Regular

Post by Martin »

Oh, certainly. Just keep in mind that I've edited nothing but the single line of text that shows up on the page.

I can't UL it right now, but I'll do it later if you still need it.

-m