a slightly different theme

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
costa
Regular

a slightly different theme

Post by costa »

so i tried to figure out how those new template fnctions are working. they're working fine :). so i made a little different theme with some sidebars under entries. don't ask me why i like those colours and almost no graphics. i just had to do something like that :)

http://costa.kofeina.net/
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Well done Costa, that's how its done!!!

And you're definitely showing off how Serendipity can be VERY different from its traditional look and feel, excellent work. Can't wait to see how future templates are going to look now that you've started the ball rolling.
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

Excellent Costa! Are you going to release this theme? :)
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

Great! I would also like to see it in the download section ;)
Hippo
Regular

Post by Hippo »

Perfect Costa, looks very nice!
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Lookin' good! I like the bottombar.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Excellent work costa - this level of design really shows off what Serendipity is capable of.

Dave
costa
Regular

Post by costa »

hello everybody!

thanks for your kind words, i worked some time on this theme but it needs A LOT more work before going public. so much that i can not tell you when will it be available. i have a lot of problems with making css based only theme that will look the same in all major browsers. under firefox, opera and konqueror (don't know how about safari thought) everything seems to be allright. but under internet explorer... seems like i need to do another css file with hacks for ie (done already but not all of the problems are solved yet). and those are css-only problems. what about coding? i have few ideas i want to implement but when it comes to coding... carl knows that i'm a total lame on this (sorry carl for so stupid questions asked by mail :)).

from the other hand - try to use those new serendipity features provided by garvin (greetz! maybe there was somone else also? thanks to you too mr. unknown :)). they're really easy to implement and the possibilities to use them are almost endless. the only thing that bothers me now is that those added "sidebars" are taking so much place in administration panel :). i have four of them and screen goes wiiide...

thanks again
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Costa, I think everybody is really excited about what you're doing so keep at it. Believe it or not your smarty knowledge is actually pretty good! As for css and IE, welcome to the club...
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

You guys are so modest. ;P

Just think of the help you're giving to dummies like me who don't know any of this stuff!

I love the newer style also, Costa - hope you won't decide it's too much trouble to release it.