arnekolja.de redesigned

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
akb
Regular

arnekolja.de redesigned

Post by akb »

hi there,

well, i dont know what to say, but feel free to visit my site and give some critics :-) i know there are some things i should change, but i think i'll know best what to do if i got some words from you... so here it is: http://www.arnekolja.de

:-)

especially take a look at my feedlist and the search function. its not as "ajaxy" as it could be, but i think i achieved a good effect with only five or six lines of javascript :-)
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

great design, you should be very happy with that. I struggled to find the feedlist, and search function, I didn't even notice the little icons, but it works well.

You asked for suggestions, it seems like you need to add a clearing div before your footer so that the white background continues down to whichever column is longer.
akb
Regular

Post by akb »

carl_galloway wrote:You asked for suggestions, it seems like you need to add a clearing div before your footer so that the white background continues down to whichever column is longer.
yes, i already noticed this when viewing the "Der Autor" sub page. But I'm wondering why it doesnt work by just giving the footer itself a clear:both. Is it because it is not within the container?

edit: tried to fix it and seems to work. also fixed some more image paths to work in single article view too.
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

CSS can be a problem sometimes, to make the background work properly you may need to put your sidebar and content into a wrapper div,

maybe like this;

Code: Select all

container
   header part
   wrapper
       sidebar - float right
       content - float left
       clearing div - clear both
   footer
end of container
Also, you could easily put your content first in your design, this would make your site more accessible.

Code: Select all

container
   header part
   wrapper
       content - float left
       sidebar - float right
       clearing div - clear both
   footer
end of container
akb
Regular

Post by akb »

got it :-)

now the only glitches i still see are some minor differences in margin/padding at the bottom of the site within ff and ie, but this isnt really important right now. i got the real problems fixed and this is what i want so far :-)
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Excellent news, well done.

I think once a few of the other forum members come online and start looking through this thread you might get requests to make a version of that template available to download- be warned, you can't produce anything that good without being asked to do more :D
akb
Regular

Post by akb »

he he he
you're welcome ;)

maybe i put a version of it online for download... but before this, i have to finish my own site ;)

wowidowi... its really nice to get such a nice feedback... :oops:
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

I really like your design, akb! I hope you will put a version of your theme up for download. :)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I also like it very much, it has a decent and professional look. Quite slick! And yes, having that for download would be awesome. :-)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/