Another site powered by Serendipity

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
Linus
Regular

Another site powered by Serendipity

Post by Linus »

Hi everybody,
yes it's me again :)
I made another side using serendipity as backend. http://www.feudene.de
There's a nopreload-flicker-free rollover iconbar on top, the awesome gallery plugin combined with lighbox, and dtr (dynamic text replacement).
Maybe (if I got spare time) I'm going to write a dtr-plugin for serendipity if someone is interested...
So check it out and leave a note
Greetings Andi[/url]
davecjr
Regular

Post by davecjr »

Very nice. I love the iconbar and colors. :D
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

that's a nice looking theme, I really like the way the your background faux leather stops short with the white background, and then when you look inside the box and see those great icons with the reflection. Very clean, very nice.

Carl
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

Really very nice!

http://www.feudene.de/index.php?/pages/gallery.html

Is this a plugin for s9y?
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

i have talked about this to garvin today. once we have the new s9y.org online, we really need a "s9y blog of the week" feature on a prominent place, with a screenshot thumbnail and a link to especially great s9y blogs/designs.

what do you guys think about this?
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

haha, that's a funny one: http://www.andiblockiersystem.de/
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Its a great idea, but one per month would be better. That way the site of the month could be subjected to test to see if it validates, and also you would give more exposure/traffic to the site owner which gives more designers a reason to submit their site for consideration. Perhaps after 6-12 months you could increase to one per week when the community has got behind the idea
costa
Regular

Re: Another site powered by Serendipity

Post by costa »

Linus wrote:the awesome gallery plugin combined with lighbox, and dtr (dynamic text replacement).
Maybe (if I got spare time) I'm going to write a dtr-plugin for serendipity if someone is interested...
a quick tutorial how do you embedded gallery stuff will be veeeery apreciated! and about plugin - i'm very into it!

but above all - a nice and useful example of in what serendipity could change with a little pimping :)
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
Linus
Regular

Post by Linus »

Hi,
I don`t know what you exactly want to know...
I used spartacus to install the Gallery-Plugin (which allows visitors to view your media-files) and made a few modifications to the code for lightbox (rel='lightbox' to "a" tags)
DTR will replace all text between span / h4 elements in the code with generated images. I think on the Picture site it´s a bit overblown but they wanted it that way :) Well on headings/menu it works perfect :)
A "s9y blog of the month" would be great...

Greetings Andi