My blog

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
Manuel
Regular

My blog

Post by Manuel »

Hi folks!

Well, I thought I'd show off a bit and let you know that I, too, have been using s9y for quite a while now. :) Amongst all the great and well-designed weblogs showcased in this section, I'm afraid mine looks a bit humble ... :oops:
Still, if you feel like it, you're invited to have a look at my writer's blog, where I regularly post about my ongoing literary projects, and other stuff. You'll be rewarded with a s9y 0.x "default" theme fine-tuned to match the design of the rest of my website, along with a custom page header and other little adjustments (more to come).

Have fun, and thanks for stopping by my site. :)
-Manuel
Capt Mike
Regular

Post by Capt Mike »

how he do that? very cool.
Manuel
Regular

Post by Manuel »

Hi Capt Mike,

thank you very much for that assessment! :)

Well, I achieved this by editing not only the templates/<name_of_my_template>/style.css file but also the index.tpl file located in the same folder. (Note that you don't have to copy all template files to your template folder, but only those files you wish to edit.) You have to know a little HTML in order to adapt the TPL to your personal needs, of course. ;)
The logo is simply a JPG image created with The GIMP.

Remember that all this is nothing but a very basic modification of the blog's style. ;)

Cheers,
-Manuel
dadepfan
Regular

Very nice

Post by dadepfan »

Is that how you got th underlines between entries? It looks very nice!
Manuel
Regular

Re: Very nice

Post by Manuel »

dadepfan wrote:Is that how you got th underlines between entries? It looks very nice!
:?:
Thanks, but the lines between titles and entries are part of the default theme anyway ... :wink: