sg-bretsch.de

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
Linus
Regular

sg-bretsch.de

Post by Linus »

Hello everybody,
I made a new website for my girlfriends volleyball team using serendipity
Check it out: here
Unfortunately there's still a lot content missing...
Also look at the userprofiles which I modified to use mootools for eyecandy 8)
see it in action
http://sg-bretsch.de/index.php?serendip ... groupid]=7
Regards andi
Last edited by Linus on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellowled
Regular

Re: sg-bretsch.de

Post by yellowled »

Linus wrote:I made a new website for my girlfriends volleyball team using serendipity
Very neat, way to go!

YL
Linus
Regular

Post by Linus »

Thanks YellowLed ;)

Well I already finished the site so it's about time to write a bit more about my modifications to s9y. It's really a pleasure to work with and I found out that it's the ideal solution to manage clubs/teams.

The heaviest part I modified was the userprofile-plugin. Each team member can login and fill out their profiles. See the entries "Spieler/innen" of the linklist plugin which I use for navigation between the different teams (Damen1,Herren1,...). If a user is logged in, he can see who's currently online, use the forum/shoutbox etc. See this discussion. Another thing I added/extended on userprofile is the address-management. Users can store the name, address, birthday, phonenumbers, mail, url in the backend and export every members contact informations as Vcard (even with a photo attached).

The tables "Tabellen" are fetched from another site - so I don't need to update them during the current season.

I parse the matches out of a csv file and put them with a sql statement in the db - so that the mycalender-plugin shows them as upcoming matches (Nächste Spiele). Theres no administrative task during a season either. The mycalender sidebox is modified to use mootools.

As you can see, s9y is _very_ capable to manage clubs. Next thing is to create a new site for my handball-team with s9y. If Garvins book is out I'm planning to write a statistics plugin to view the goals, fouls, etc from a player - if I got time ;)

So if you got questions - feel free to ask.
S9Y FTW!