My Thermos - Redesign

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
scottblitz
Regular

My Thermos - Redesign

Post by scottblitz »

I recently decided to move to a three column layout for my blog and wasn't satisfied with the S-B-S format of my current heavily modded bluegrey theme.

I thought it would be a perfect time to make the jump to the brilliant bulletproof template. So I started with the glossy red colorset and got to work. By the time I finished it ended up being neither glossy nor red - but I think it came out well.

My Thermos

Still on the todo list:
  • Make the sidebars fixed width with the blog area fluid.
    Still not settled on the header color - may throw an image up there.
    Can't get the subscribe info centered in that block
...and while not theme related I absolutely hate my current tag scheme so am going to transition to categories or perhaps a combination that is less messy.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks
SB
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Keep up the good work Scott!

RE: you centering... that is probably because text is left aligned... try this:

Code: Select all

.container_serendipity_html_nugget_plugin p{
    text-align: center;
}
Or better yet, define your own class for whatever element you want centered (ie <p class="rss_icon">) to get just the elements you want centered, not necessarily all paragraphs in all html nuggets.

I seem to recall briefly looking into the possibility of fixing the sidebars while leaving the content area fluid..... and getting it to work in all major browsers. I seem to recall getting frustrated and moving onto something else. I never did return to that, so if you work something out, be sure to let us know. This particular area of the forum is probably not idea... perhaps the "themes" folder would be better.

Oh, and as long as you are messing with your rss icon, be sure to check out my recent post on christmas icons!!! :o) http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?t=11741 (if you are into christmas, that is).
=Don=
scottblitz
Regular

Post by scottblitz »

Thanks Don,

That makes sense, I guess I was thinking that the centering I set in the html nugget would override the style. Setting a unique class is certainly the way to go.

I'll continue to play with the other sidebar tweak. I'm still learning the structure of the bp framework and how all of the pieces fit together - it's actually quite fun to get in there and get my hands dirty with the changes.

SB
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

scottblitz wrote:it's actually quite fun to get in there and get my hands dirty with the changes.
Careful!!! That is the first symptom of becoming adicted to serendipity!!!! Get out while you can!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
=Don=