Blog from Canada

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
Tys
Regular

Blog from Canada

Post by Tys »

Here is my minimally customized s9y: http://tvg.ca/

Recreated and modified the dozqar theme from www.oswd.org to fit with s9y's plug in system, I think it turned out pretty good.

Other changes include: RSS reader setup to my gallery's rss feed, but tweaked to display the thumb nail from the last changed album. Tiny fix to css for current day in calendar and doubling the number of spaces in the categories.

One bug. I centered the search text box, but I can't seem to get the livesearch popup to center with it. Any ideas?
Tys
Regular

Post by Tys »

More changes...

Modified a bunch of plugins to allow for adding links to their side bar titles. Ie Gallery links to my Gallery, Music of the Moment links to my Audioscrobbler profile, Event Calender links to WebCalendar, etc.

Changed the rss plugin to display a random image (request sent in a hidden iframe to my slow gallery page, once loaded, it sets the inner html on a div tag on my site).

Created a urlbox plugin to load a url in various ways such as inline, iframe, hidden iframe like above, etc. Used this plugin for my event calendar and music of the moment.

Music of the moment uses iTunesBlogger to hit a php script on my server with album information for each new song. I do an amazon look up for album art and create links to amazon and Audioscrobller. I check the time the file was modified, the length of the song and the current time to see if the song is still playing on my computer. If so I display a progress bar of the song. Still a couple of bugs, but it worked out pretty well.