Redesign Once Again

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
chickens
Regular

Redesign Once Again

Post by chickens »

I've been meaning to redesign my site using bulletproof ever since I first saw it and now I have. http://zacgarrett.com

The original design was by a friend who is a wiz in photoshop then I took that design and ported it into a usable format. I originally used the blue bulletproof theme to get a grasp on how it worked. I've since trimmed down on most of the "fancy" features. I've also added a few small things here and there just to make everything work just how I want.

I am very happy to say that my site is now tableless. I hate tables and bulletproof made it easy enough to get rid of them.

The one thing that I don't currently like about the site is the link color in the actual entries. I've tried nearly every color under the rainbow and nothing seems to really work great. I find the current color to look okay but it can be slightly difficult to read the text.

Total time on the template by me was about 9 hours, from 4.30pm to 1.30am. Most of that time was trying to remember the right CSS functions to do what I wanted.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Looks fine to me. What do you not like about the link colors? Right now you have green for the links, and white underline as the hover for most links. Links like "continue reading" are grey, and again white underline for hover. This last one (grey links in the entry) are a bit difficult to read, but you could underline those or also make them green.

Maybe I just do not understand what you do not like. What else do you want to accomplish there?
=Don=
chickens
Regular

Post by chickens »

Don Chambers wrote:This last one (grey links in the entry) are a bit difficult to read, but you could underline those or also make them green.
Those are the ones.

I originally had them green, it was overwhelming. I think that I am just being too nit picky about it. Going to give it a bit of time, something might come to me later to make it work exactly how I want, but its working just fine the way it is.
steven
Regular

Wait awhile

Post by steven »

Sometimes you need to walk away for awhile and come back to make a good evaluation. I like your site.