Serendipity 0.8.4 has been released today. As mentioned in http://blog.s9y.org/archives/58-Upcomin ... -PEAR.html, this release addresses the security issues with the PEAR:XML_RPC library.
If you already deleted your serendipity_xmlrpc.php file, an upgrade is not required. If you do not want to upgrade, just delete your current serendipity_xmlrpc.php file and you will not be affected by security issues.
Anyone who wants to use XML-RPC posting to Serendipity will now need to install the XML-RPC posting plugin, as discussed in the blog entry mentioned above.
This release also addresses a few other minor issues:
* Fix the problem that sometimes calendar images are displayed too large in the Internet Explorer
* Hide title of an entry when an entry is a draft (Bug #1260667)
* Allow Serendipity to use an existing PEAR installation on the server. Set "$serendipity['use_PEAR'] = true;" in your serendipity_config_local.inc.php or serendipity_config.inc.php file. The required packages can be found in the bundled-libs/.current_version file.
* Append the comment id to the mail that is sent to subscribers of an entry, so that they can jump to the submitted comment immediately.
Have fun with Serendipity!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Core Developer
- Posts: 30014
- Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:45 pm
- Location: Cologne, Germany