Serendipity v3.0 template updated to css only - testers need

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)

Do you like this new version?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:38 pm

very much
25%
very much
25%
yes, but it needs work
25%
yes, but it needs work
25%
huh, I don't understand
No votes
huh, I don't understand
No votes

Total votes: 8

carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Harald thanks, so is it only the caramel colorset that is causing the right sidebar to drop?
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

carl_galloway wrote:Harald thanks, so is it only the caramel colorset that is causing the right sidebar to drop?
No, all 4 sets bring the same errors to me.
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Carl, is it maybe possible to give the 3.1 style the chance to act like the triSexuality template? (both sidebars on the right side?)
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

mattsches wrote:
YellowLed wrote:Hm, which Opera version? I don't see that in Opera 9/Linux. Is it in any colorset?
Opera version 9. I don't know what you mean by colorset?
As Harald already mentioned there is a new option in s9y v1.1 which makes it possible to have different color 'presets'. We've included 4 of these colorsets which you can select in the Styles configuration - but only if you have s9y v1.1, which you probably don't have :)
mattsches wrote:However, I just checked the source code and CSS and all, and I cannot quite understand why the link color is wrong. Everything in the sources seems to be fine, so you shouldn't bother too much since it's probably a problem with my config :wink:
Sounds a little bit like your Opera is configured to override our css with browser styles for the links ...
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Harald Weingaertner wrote:Carl, is it maybe possible to give the 3.1 style the chance to act like the triSexuality template? (both sidebars on the right side?)
I just got off work and can't think straight right now, so I might be completely wrong, but I think that should be possible with just a few changes to style.css. Just give us some time to fix those bugs and finish the documentation and you'll see how easy that should be :)

(Hohum, at least I hope I'm not promising something which turns out to be impossible ... :wink:)
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

carl_galloway wrote:I've just read your PM, and viewed that site in FF and IE on my PC, and in IE I get a very different picture from the one you posted. In your IE the left sidebar header are made into little square boxes, but in mine they look like the FF screenshot. Which plugin are you using to get the + sign, I need to test this plugin on my PC.
Hrmpf. I guess what this theme really needs is a "Too cool for IE"-button :D

So just to get this straight: In Harald's IE, all sidebar plugins appear in the left sidebar? Doesn't sound like a css problem to me. Maybe we should have a look at the generated source of that page ...
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

@yellowled, something not quite right about Harald's error, although stm999999999 said he had a similar problem. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem on my PC so I'm stumped. Is anyone else able to verify that fault, and perhaps provide a list of plugins being used. I'm wondering if a spurious bug has appeared in the code generated by a plugin or within Serendipity itself. We have had extra </div>'s appear within the 1.1 tree in the last few weeks, and 1.1 is still beta. I think the first step is to establish the version of 1.1 that Harald and stm999999999 are using and the plugins they's using, then see if we can replicate the fault. At least that would tell us if this is a template fault or a Serendipity/plugin fault.

Thanks everyone for helping us with this project,

Carl
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Carl

first off congrats to both you and yellowled for a great piece of work. :D

On a mac in both firefox 1.5 and safari 2, all the colour-sets look and work fine.

In Opera 8.5 & Opera 9 (mac) the sidebar for the Caramel colour-set looks like

BTW - I think the blue / green colour-set looks excellent.

HTH
Dave
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

YellowLed wrote:
mattsches wrote:I don't know what you mean by colorset?
As Harald already mentioned there is a new option in s9y v1.1 which makes it possible to have different color 'presets'. We've included 4 of these colorsets which you can select in the Styles configuration - but only if you have s9y v1.1, which you probably don't have :)

Sounds a little bit like your Opera is configured to override our css with browser styles for the links ...
I didn't know about the colorsets, which are a cool option btw. I'm running 1.1 here on my dev system. It must definitely be an Opera override, though I still have no idea how to turn this off :?
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

carl_galloway wrote:Is anyone else able to verify that fault, and perhaps provide a list of plugins being used.
Which reminds me that I once had a problem which I solved by changing the order of the plugins in the plugin configuration. Maybe that's a solution for Harald's problem with the (not) expanding boxes ..?
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

d_cee wrote:In Opera 8.5 & Opera 9 (mac) the sidebar for the Caramel colour-set looks like
Thanks for the congrats, Dave :)

Ah, so we finally have a Mac user testing this :) Hmm, so this looks as if .serendipitySideBarItem needs a width, right? Could you try to set it to 100% in caramel.css and see if that does the trick? Thanks.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

carl_galloway wrote:I think the first step is to establish the version of 1.1 that Harald and stm999999999 are using and the plugins they's using, then see if we can replicate the fault. At least that would tell us if this is a template fault or a Serendipity/plugin fault.
Hmm, more coffee, more thoughts :)

stm9x9's problems sounds like there's something breaking the margins and/or widths of the columns. Might be a plugin we have not covered.

Another possibility: Maybe something somewhere in there messes up the cascade and overrides one of the IE hacks :? Although I think you would (have) be(en) able to reproduce that on your machine. Then again, with IE you never know ... :x
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

mattsches wrote:It must definitely be an Opera override, though I still have no idea how to turn this off :?
Have a look at Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content -> Style options. It should be somewhere in there, I think :)
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

YellowLed and Carl, i'm sorry to say it, but:

Even if i disable all Plugins (except Kalander and Search) the Boxes on the right side appear on the left side in IE6. Not in FF and not in Opera ;) So i guess it has something to do with the 3.1 theme. The 3.0 Theme works fine.

I now don't think, that we have to compare our plugins ;)
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi YellowLed
YellowLed wrote: this looks as if .serendipitySideBarItem needs a width, right? Could you try to set it to 100% in caramel.css and see if that does the trick? Thanks.
That made the sidebar too wide so I tried setting .serendipitySideBarTitle to 95% and that seemed to do the trick in Opera and had no adverse effect in Safari or Firefox

Dave