New theme - Matrimony - in progress

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
d_cee
Regular

New theme - Matrimony - in progress

Post by d_cee »

After developing a new Wedding theme for a Serendipity web journal user, Faith, who's getting married next year, it seemed to me that a wedding theme might be quite a useful addition to Serendipity so I've decided to design one for general release. It's named 'Matrimony'

I've put it up on my themes site whilst it's in progress and any comments suggestions would be welcome.
Col. Kurtz
Regular

Post by Col. Kurtz »

sorry - that link is not working
Marc
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi marc
Col. Kurtz wrote:sorry - that link is not working
I know, all my sites are offline!! I've just contacted my hosting company and my server went down 15 mins ago. They expect it to be up soon - but it's now been down for 2hrs :evil:

sorry

Dave
smartieskiller
Regular

Post by smartieskiller »

arffffffff not working at 19h13 for french user :D
hope i can see it tonight :D
smartieskiller
Regular

Post by smartieskiller »

yeahhhhhhh
lovely theme

great one i love it
:D
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Well, finally the site is back online for anybody who want's to go and see.

Dave
costa
Regular

Post by costa »

as always - rocking fonts and some cool colours. my wife liked it veeery much. dave, what is with you and almost all of your themes are those ones, which my wife is choosing? :) (oh man, my english is really that bad?)
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Costa
glad you like the theme
costa wrote: almost all of your themes are those ones, which my wife is choosing? :)
must be because your wife has such good taste :lol:

I think Carl and I have both noticed that there are not so many themes designed for women. In response, Carl's produced his Andreas 08 variation and his excellent 'Lilies' conversion. So, when my wife says to me "hmm, why don't you do a this theme or that theme" I think maybe I should - and sometimes I do.

Must be my feminine side showing :wink:

Dave
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

the good news is that there are a couple of female designers giving Serendipity some attention and who plan to produce templates for download, I think they should be given all the encouragement we can.
RayandFaith

Dave's Theme ROCKS

Post by RayandFaith »

I am so impressed with his theme, that not only am I using it on my wedding blog but, my personal blog as well. After my very public engagement, people are reading my website that I never thought would even think about me let alone be interested in my love life.

By the time <a href="http://themes.daves.me.uk/index.php?/ar ... hemes.html" >Dave</a> reads this, I will be utilizing many of his themes onto my blogs. I think he will really be pleased to see the improvements over the old themes available. Dave can appreciate how the themes before his input were extremely limited. I’ve given it a test run myself, and I can assure anyone that would like to use the themes that all the features work wonderfully in Firefox and Internet Explorer. The problems that you’ve experienced over the time frame that you have been blogging with other themes have been eliminated, thanks in large part to Dave’s wonderful design and thoroughness in his development of new themes.

I’m honored that Dave threw himself into this project without any demands from me. He developed this theme out of the kindness of his heart. If you are interested in any of his themes they can be found on his <a href="http://themes.daves.me.uk/index.php?/ar ... hemes.html" >website</a>. I will be adding a link shortly. He was so forthcoming with his straightforward and insightful comments. Thank you for making my wedding theme wonderful. It truly looks great and I could not have asked for anything better. His designs are marvelous. Although he is not a woman he can at least design something that both women and men love. From Kamo to Wedding and everything in between.

DAVE YOU ROCK!!! :lol: