New theme - 'Jitterbug' in progress

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
d_cee
Regular

New theme - 'Jitterbug' in progress

Post by d_cee »

Hi there

There was a recent request on the forum for a 'Dance' theme recently so
here's my latest Serendipity theme - 'Jitterbug' - which, although still in progress, is available to view on my themes site. Just select 'Jitterbug' in the template chooser dropdown.

It's based on Judebert's 'Ladybug' - and thanks Jude for the advice on getting the layout centred in the browser window. It's fixed width with left and right sidebars and is a real Firefox theme using moz-opacity and radiused corners.

Comments welcome - and I expect to release it in a couple of days or so as I've still one or two issues to sort out.

Dave Cummins
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

dave, thats a great looking theme and it'll make a great addition to the repository.

You mention its a mozilla theme, so you know it has problems in IE, I'll PM you the address to some screenshots.
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Thanks Carl

I've downloaded them all - ho hum, lots to do then :-)

Dave
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Dave, might be an idea to create a separate IE stylesheet rather than try to hack your way around things. The theme looks so good in Firefox it would be a shame to try and make the whole thing more compatible with IE.
renata
Regular

Post by renata »

very nice theme...
i personally think a group of dancers (maybe a photo that is blurred with some highlights) might also work nicely.. and like those lovely pastel coloured bazooka-graphics maybe some dance shoes?
for color choice i'd say that the dance "scene" is either in the pastels, as you hav ethem (but then decidedly more on the classic side), or starker, as hip=hop, tap and jazz of course are more on the black/gray/white colorscheme, as far as i know.
needless to say, i am one of the ones looking for a dance theme- carl knows i am.. so i keep watching VVERY closely!!
and, with that wonderful little script garvin gave us the other day we do not need to stick to just one theme, but we can change it random...
thanks for all the wonderful work that you share!
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Renata, my apologies for not being in touch - my health doesn't always allow me to spread myself too much, are you still wanting me to take a look at your images?
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Carl
carl_galloway wrote:might be an idea to create a separate IE stylesheet rather than try to hack your way around things.
good idea. I think it'll make life much easier.

And I've still a couple of problems in Firefox to resolve.

Dave