'Kamouflage' theme available to download

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
d_cee
Regular

'Kamouflage' theme available to download

Post by d_cee »

Hi

I finally found the time to finish my military theme based on Lordcoffee's excellent 'Green Mile'.
'Kamouflage' is a fixed width template with left and right sidebars.
For those who are inclined, it should be easy to customise as I've used Carl Galloway's well commented CSS file - and tiling images.

You can view and download 'Kamouflage' from my themes site
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

great stuff, excellent looking theme.

Have you thought about throwing in some different headers with an image at the right hand side, maybe an anti-aircraft gun, a tank, soldier radioing coordinates etc?
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Carl - and thanks :-)

I had thought of doing what you suggested but because I wanted to keep the image sizes small I decided to do it with the category icons instead. Small images allowed me to keep the system overhead low for (hopefully) fast page loads on dial up connections.

Dave
Blake_Ivey
Regular

Post by Blake_Ivey »

The css file doesn't validate by the way. Looks fine in Firefox, but looks horrible in IE. No part of the content is readble. Do you have a validated version?

Blake Ivey
http://korea.blakeivey.com
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Blake

you're right :oops:

I'll post a valid css file on my themes site this evening (UK time) and send an updated file to Garvin to commit to Spartacus.

Dave
Blake_Ivey
Regular

Post by Blake_Ivey »

Thanks. Sorry if my last message sounded harsh, I had just gotten off a long day in the army lol It suits my needs perfectly for my military blog. I may try changing the type of camo though since the US Army is going to the new ACU pattern.

Thanks for the cool theme!