Joshua Theme and IE

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
DortoH
Regular

Joshua Theme and IE

Post by DortoH »

I am using the Joshua theme on my sites (two S9Y installs) and neither renders 100% correct in IE. The issue is in the titles in the sidebar, some get cut off and it is completly random. In Firefox the pages render properly. I know IE has "issues" but is there a way to correct this?

Firefox Screenshot

IE Screenshot
Rod
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

The Joshua theme uses styling around the sidebar titles that can only be used by mozilla browsers, ie the rounded corners. If you check your stylesheet you'll see -moz-border-radius: 9px 9px 0px 0px; and this appears several times in that theme around different elements. Unfortuntely IE won't recognise these, and the only fix is to replace the mozilla rounded corners with image based corners, or use some javascript to round those corners.
DortoH
Regular

Post by DortoH »

I don't mind dropping the rounded corners, could I just remove the moz-border-radius: ?
Rod
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Absolutely, you may need to adjust a few of the paddings, but there again it might work perfectly - good luck
DortoH
Regular

Post by DortoH »

Thanks! That's the reason I have two sites, one to test on before I muck up the big site :)
Rod