scrollings

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
toves
Regular

scrollings

Post by toves »

Any idea if it's possible to alter the width in order to get rid of the scrolling bar along the bottom?

http://www.10yetis.co.uk/yetiphlog/
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Hi Toves,

Your styling for #tableDetail3 includes an overflow:auto which is what is causing the scrollbars. The downside of removing them is that you may need to play around with your width's, padding, and margins.

I love what you've done with your graphics and color choice, and may I suggest if you've got the time that you ditch the tables altogether, including your main table. Converting to a table-less design is possible with a design like this and will ultimately give you more control over your layout. Also, given that you are a designer based in the UK, you will want to be seen to be using the defacto standards and table-less design will be more accessible.

I would also be inclined to add the static page plugin, move all of your existing html pages over to static pages, and then use a redirect on those original pages so you don't lose your search engine indexing. PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers

Carl