New Theme (not finished yet)

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Ah, that image is actually inside a blockquote, so is not a problem with your theme. It is an example of what some users do, I've seen 7 or 8 blogs where the owner has done that. You don't need to fix it. Its there so theme designers can see some of the stupid things that get done with HTML. If you do want to fix it then you should probably convert the blockquote to a block level style and any image within it should be given its own separate style. Maybe too much work for now. I might remove that post, or at least make it less obvious - what does everyone think?
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Lord Coffee

love the theme design - and the emoticons! It looks great on your site but less impressive on Carl's as you've got the category icons the theme relies on. Are you bundling the icons in the zip?

And Carl - is it possible to include category icons for the theme to use by default?

It's great to see so many new designs for Serendipity - high quality designs too.

Dave Cummins
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Hi Dave, to the best of my knowledge it isn't, the category icons don't have any special names because they are selected by the blog owner from within the media manager andthe categories themselves are different for every blog as well so I assume Garvin or one of the other developers would have to write something specifically for that and the user would then have to use categories that might not suit their needs.

I suspect Garvin would squish us if we suggested something like that because it takes away some of the flexibility of Serendipity. One thing that might work, although it would require some logic programming, would be to set a priority for categories, so that if an icon wasn't specified, a default icon could be assigned based on the category importance, argh, thats just me thinking aloud, Garvin probably still won't like it.

Carl
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Carl

I suppose I was thinking of an 'assign category icons' plug-in for when they're an integral part of the theme. Could be a spartacus thing maybe if we had a whole library of them?

Hi Lordcoffee
lordcoffee wrote: I'll also make a few category Icons that fit to the design.
For Audio, Computer, Mac, Xp, Web, Photo, Books, Movies, Games, Fun...

Please write me some more examples! :wink:
If you're serious Lordcoffee I'll think up as many as you like. I think your icons are excellent and it would be a great Serendipity resource to get started - our own tango project ;-

Dave Cummins
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Many thanks for the theme! I just committed it to Spartacus!

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
costa
Regular

Post by costa »

niiice theme! now, this looks completely different from other themes. good work lordcoffee!
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Thank you all!

@Garvin: Tonight or maybe tomorrow evening I'll upload a already finished file with a few more categoryIcons and cleaned code and an instruction readme for the guys who don't now how to apply the cat-Icons ;-)

Lordcoffee!
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Greetings again!

I've finished the Theme.
You can download it here: Click!
I've putted 53 CategoryIcons in there as png files. Hope you enjoy.

Greetz, Lordcoffee.
Last edited by lordcoffee on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
costa
Regular

Post by costa »

this is a very good idea - to distribute themes with icons which suit the look of the theme... i like this idea very much!

thanks for the theme again.
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
Dave-Kay
Regular

Nice Theme

Post by Dave-Kay »

but what about IE? there's no possibility to read a page with this Template in IE. Is there anybody with an idea to fix this?
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Ohoh! Ich habe gesehen was Du meinst!
Ich prüfe das mal... Sorry!

Ein Theme ist wohl niemals richtig fertig :-(
Dave-Kay
Regular

Post by Dave-Kay »

Kein Grund für Entschuldigungen. bis auf den Fehler im IE, ist es ja ziemlich klasse geworden :-)
Dave-Kay
Regular

Post by Dave-Kay »

lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Erstmal Danke "Dirk" und "Dave-Kay"!
Ich habe das wohl übersehen als ich die entries_tpl geändert hatte bzw. muss sich da der Fehler eingeschlichen haben.
Ist jetzt auch gefixt. Bin halt eher Grafiker als ein Programierer. ;-) Also nochmal Danke
Dave-Kay
Regular

Post by Dave-Kay »

:-)
Wenn du mir jetzt noch sagst, wie ich das mit dem Datum fixen kann, bin ich hunderprozentig zufrieden ;)
Also, wenn man 2 Mal an einem Tag postet, dann positioniert das Template das Datum halb im Eintrag drüber. Es gibt natürlich 2 Lösungen. Die eine wäre, das Datum korrekt zu positionieren, die andere und wahrscheinlich bessere wäre die, das Datum nur ein Mal pro Tag überhaupt anzugeben.
Ich bin kein Webdesigner/Programmierer, deswegen hole ich mir schon seit Wordpress ständig irgendwelche anderen layouts und passe die ein wenig an. Serendipity ist jetzt ganz neu für mich und so richtig blicken tu ich das noch nicht, bisher :/