New Themes - Gumball & Bazooka

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
d_cee
Regular

New Themes - Gumball & Bazooka

Post by d_cee »

I've made a couple of variations on Carl Galloway's great 'Bubblegum' theme 'Gumball' and 'Bazooka'. You can see and download them here at my theme's site.

There's also a CSS restyling of 'Joshua' called 'Joshua-nino' you can download.

I've also been restyling Judebert's 'Ladybug' theme. I think this is a really excellent and innovative theme but I find the colours overpower the content a little. My variations, 'Ladybird' and 'Camouflage', are not finished yet but I'd be interested in some feedback before I get around to completing and releasing them.

Dave
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Whoa! Joshua-nino is fantastic! That kid's eyes are compelling...

I find Bubblegum and Bazooka too fluffy for my tastes, but I can imagine blogs where they'd be an outstanding match for the content. The double-ended sidebar titles are definitely intriguing.

I think Ladybird is exactly as advertised: a toned-down version of Ladybug. I'll ask my wife which one she likes best. What happenned to the Mozilla/FireFox rounded corners, though?

My Army buddy likes Camouflage.

This is turning into a huge pile of Serendipity themes. Who needs a knock-off of that other blogging software's themes? We got our own. :D

Great work, Carl!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Thanks Judebert

I'm sure you meant 'Great work Dave!' in your post ;-) but I agree, great work Carl too!

Glad you like the themes, hopefully I'll finish the work on the 'Ladybug' variations soon. Great theme to work with - and the firefox/mozilla rounded corners are just commented out at the moment so I get the same page in all browsers. I think the 'camouflage' variation looks better squared up - more suited to the theme.

I'll post when they're finished - but hmmm, there's quite a bit of pink in the admin area that doesn't sit well with a 'camouflage' theme just at the moment and I don't now whether to change it back to blue or have a bit of a go at it.

Dave
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Whoops! :oops: Note to self: read posts even more closely, including authors.

Great job, Dave!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal