Using Garvins moz-modern to make own theme

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
MellyJellyBeans

Using Garvins moz-modern to make own theme

Post by MellyJellyBeans »

Howdy! My name is Mel. And I'm a s9y newbie! (Wait? Where are you going? NOOO! Don't leave me!) :lol:

Ahem!

I am passingly familiar with .css, HTML, some java, a little PHP enough so that I can semi- understand some of the help topics here and wander around.

But. Obviously not familiar enough to fix probably a (very) simple problem when it comes to customizing my head banner.

I have managed to start fiddling enough to have the head banner in the correct place, to the right, fixed and non repeating. The problem is -- I do not know what I need to change/add to make the ENTIRE banner show up.

If you see here: http://www.ashadowofme.com/blog/
(PLEASE don't mind the mess as I am just working on it!) You'll notice only the very bottom of my entire banner is showing.

I would like for it to display the entire 400 wide by 280 high banner. Could someone be so kind as to let me know what I need to change, and where -- specifically, to allow the entire banner to display?

Thanks so much!
Wizard
Regular

Post by Wizard »

In my wanderings, I stumbled upon the style.css file that controls most of the look and feel of your blog site. If you are using a theme it may be found there or if not, then the default style.css is being used. You will find a section that controls this very feature that you speak of.

Code: Select all

#serendipity_banner {
    margin: auto;
    width: 100%;
    height: 72px;
    background-image: url({TEMPLATE_PATH}img/background.png);
You can express the height/width value in either percentages or pixel size as the example shows.

Have fun!
Wizard
My WeBlog
MellyJellyBeans

Post by MellyJellyBeans »

Thank you very much!

I was just on my way back to edit to say : WOOOHOOOO I THINK I FOUND IT! :lol: Which I did-- I specified height and width and there is much joy. I just need to tweak it a bit and I'm rolling.

Again, thank you veryvery much Wizard, it's much appreciated! :)