Question about {$entry.extended}

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Thomas
Regular

Question about {$entry.extended}

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

I recognized that if I display an article in the extended view I see the karma plugin displayed as part of this variable, am I right?
Because in the template there's no hint or code for displaying the karma module output on that point. It should be rather in the footer.

The code of the entries.tpl:

Code: Select all

{if $entry.is_extended}
             <a id="extended"></a>{$entry.extended}
             {/if}

{if $entry.has_extended and not $is_single_entry and not $entry.is_extended}
            <a href="{$entry.link}#extended">{$CONST.VIEW_EXTENDED_ENTRY|@sprintf:$entry.title}</a><br /><br />
            {/if}
            </div>
            <div class='mainpanel_footer'>
The output:

Code: Select all

<br />
<br /><div class="serendipity_karmaVoting"><a id="karma_vote112"></a><div>Stimm ab für Artikel, die jünger als 7 Tage sind!</div>Derzeitiges Karma: 0, 0 Stimme(n) 41 Klicks</div>

</div>
            <div class='mainpanel_footer'>
If you view the overview (lets say the first page), the karma output is where it shoud be - below all the author stuff, comments and so on.
Only in the extended view the karma output seems to be parsed together with the extended body content.
Is there a way to place the karma output somewhere dedicated?

Regards, Thomas

P.S.: s9y v0.8.3
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Question about {$entry.extended}

Post by garvinhicking »

This is an issue of the karma plugin, because you are right that it appends its output to the extended body.

However I think this has changed in recent versions of the plugin in the 0.9 version. There it will be parsed in the footer, as expected (hopefully)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/