Timeline: Layout change

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Niclas
Regular

Timeline: Layout change

Post by Niclas »

Hi all,

after a long time I replaced my template fork by "Timeline". I like this template except for the small content column and that huge image placeholder. Besides: I cannot add an image to it since the final "OK" button doesn't work. So I just copy & paste image URLs into the "Entry Image" box, but that's something different.

I just like to change the template layout so the "main" column is bigger, and I want to either completely remove that entry image column or make it smaller.
But I really don't know where to change these settings.

The template folder of "Timeline" just contains loads of...er.....folder, saying nothing to me, like "F2A", "AC", "FCA" and so on. And they containt same sub folders.
I already had a look at https://docs.s9y.org/docs/developers/themes.html but.....don't get it so far.

So I'm just asking for a quick hint, which folder, subfolder or file is the relevant for me to change.
It would be great to get some help in this case.
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Timeline: Layout change

Post by Don Chambers »

Your description of the folder contents sounds like you are referring to the subfolders of ...\templates_c\. If so, those are the compiled/cached versions of the theme files.

Timeline has a number of theme options that can easily be changed. Using this theme is documented here. You can preview a few of the theme options on that demo site.

You can modify the theme's css files or override them by adding an additional css file named user.css.
=Don=
Niclas
Regular

Post by Niclas »

Hi Don,

thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I couldn't make it earlier to respond.
I will now check the directory and look for the according file, in which the placeholder column is defined, and to get rid off it.
I've already went through the templates settings, but there's no way to remove that post image and it's placeholder completely.

By the way: Do you have an idea why I cannot confirm the selection of an entry picture?
When creating a post and going to "Further options" I can select an entry image. When having selected one nothing happens, when I click on OK. So I have to bypass that by copying the image-link into the entry image box manually which should be done by the script automatically.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I do not know why you are unable to select an entry image. Can you provide a url to your site?
=Don=
Niclas
Regular

Post by Niclas »

Hi Don,

I can select an image, but I cannot confirm the selection by clicking on "OK", which is the final step after having selected the image. The "OK" button is not responding.
But that's not the main thing. Mainly I'd like to get rid off that image column or at least want to reduce it's width.

URL is: www.nerd-blog.de