Bootstrap 4

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Be@t
Regular

Bootstrap 4

Post by Be@t »

I found in Backend/Themes a Theme named Bootstrap 4. Looks interesting, but I didn't found any additional information about it. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

-where to change colors, fonts, header, etc.?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Bootstrap 4

Post by yellowled »

Be@t wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 am-where to change colors, fonts, header, etc.?
I assume you're used to themes like Bulletproof or 2k11 that offer a lot of customization in the theme options. Bootstrap4 does not do that. That's by design.

If you want to adapt it, you'll need to get your hands dirty with HTML, CSS and Smarty and learn how to adapt the theme and its templates to your liking. It really is intended for people who want to do that (and who like the Bootstrap framework).

If that's not to your liking, you're better off with a theme that offers more customization options via theme options like, I don't know, Timeline or Clean Blog maybe.

YL
Be@t
Regular

Post by Be@t »

Thank you for your clear answer.

Because of lacking knowledge I have to stay at the Skeleton Theme.
aisberg
Regular

Post by aisberg »

I tried Bootstrap 4 because it is possible to set a fixed top menu. But no side plugins are shown. Not on the left or on the right. When I switch back to 2k11 all side plugins are shown. What could be the reason for this issue? On the preview of "Bootstrap 4" content of side plugins is shown.
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

aisberg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:55 pmI tried Bootstrap 4 because it is possible to set a fixed top menu. But no side plugins are shown. Not on the left or on the right. When I switch back to 2k11 all side plugins are shown. What could be the reason for this issue? On the preview of "Bootstrap 4" content of side plugins is shown.
I can confirm that issue, but don't know why - as far as I understand the template code, the sidebar should be shown. @yellowled?
Be@t
Regular

Post by Be@t »

On my testblog, everything is looking fine with Bootstrap 4. Right sidebar is shown correctly. Have a look here: https://www.s9y.dokumenzi.ch/ (Serendipity 2.3.5 and PHP 7.2.29)
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

aisberg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:55 pmBut no side plugins are shown. Not on the left or on the right.
bootstrap4 should put all sidebar plugins into the sidebar, not matter if you have them on the left or right in the backend. Have you tried clearing the cache? Have you saved after moving sidebar plugins? Can you give us a link to your blog so we can have a look? Have you tweaked bootstrap4 using the user.css?

YL
aisberg
Regular

Post by aisberg »

I have no separate test blog where I could try and give you the link. After Bootstrap 4 was not showing any side plugins I switched back to 2k11.

Regarding creating a test blog: I think this is a good idea.
What is the better way: Should I add a second independent installation or should I try the "shared installation"? But there is a warning, shared installation is experimental. And I am not sure if I can change my existing installation to be used as shared installation.
https://docs.s9y.org/docs/users/getting ... ation.html
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Separate installation is a better idea.
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

yellowled wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:37 pm
aisberg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:55 pmBut no side plugins are shown. Not on the left or on the right.
bootstrap4 should put all sidebar plugins into the sidebar, not matter if you have them on the left or right in the backend.
That didn't work for me on our test blogs, neither on current nor on stable ...
aisberg
Regular

Post by aisberg »

I created a testblog:
- I used Strato.de one-click-Setup to install Serendipity 1.7.8-10 (there is no other version)
- then I copied s9y version 2.3.5 from s9y.org download (not from github) per ftp into the s9y directory at strato
- I called http://testblog.aisberg.de/ first time and was asked to upgrade to 2.3.5, and I did this
- I only changed the theme to Bootstrap 4 and did nothing else in the testblog
- I can reproduce the issue, only the "Blog abonnieren" is shown

So it can be reproduced. What can I do to support to find out the reason for the bug?
Can I enable some logging?
Should I grant access to a developer to check the installation?
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I think that will need manual debugging :/

https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/blob ... x.tpl#L107 is where the template is supposed to print the sidebar. You could check what's the content of $leftSidebarElements or $rightSidebarElements, by editing the template and outputting them before the ifs:

Code: Select all

{$rightSidebarElements}
Is that different in bootstrap4 than in 2k11, on the same installation with the same plugin configuration?
aisberg
Regular

Post by aisberg »

I have no idea how to debug, how to "outputting content of some variables". Long time ago I changed some PHP code in an existing TYPO 3 installation, but I did not work with PHP after.

The point is: it is a fresh installation without any changes and the issue can be reproduced with a new fresh installation in my environemt. It looks like also other users are able to reproduce. Maybe some developer can reproduce the issue with a clean setup?

If some developer would try to debug my testblog I can share login information to this installation by PM. But I am not sure if this will be enough: if code needs to be changed to debug maybe ftp access is also required, but this is nothing I want to grant for my whole site. Maybe I need to limit ftp access to an s9y directory in this case?

If the issue can't be reproduced then the reason could be the upgrade from an older version to the new version? Maybe it is related to the mysql version or to the php version?

Betrieben mit Serendipity 2.3.5 und PHP 7.3.16, mySQL Version 5.6
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

onli wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pmIs that different in bootstrap4 than in 2k11, on the same installation with the same plugin configuration?
Yes. You can try on s9-current and s9y-stable.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

This is fixed in master now.

aisberg, if you want to patch this in your installation, in /templates/bootstrap4/sidebar.tpl, please change:

{if $template_option.bs_rss && $item.class != "serendipity_plugin_syndication"}
to

{if $template_option.bs_feeds && $item.class != "serendipity_plugin_syndication"}
I'm sorry this took so long to fix. (I also have no idea how I introduced this bug without anyone noticing.)

YL