Current social media services?

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Don Chambers
Regular

Current social media services?

Post by Don Chambers »

The Timeline theme has an option to include font awesome social media icons from a pre-populated list. I want to update that list by removing rarely used and/or adding services that are considered current. I don't really do much in the way of social media personally, so I could use some input as to which services are current/popular and which might be in the list, but have more or less died.

Timeline currently offers the following social networking/service icons:

Amazon, Digg, Dribbble, Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, Github, Google, Google Plus, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, Paypal, Pinterest, RSS, Skype, Reddit, Stumbleupon, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, Xing, Youtube.

Should any be removed? Any suggestions to include other services? Suggestions for new icons is only possible if they are available via the latest font awesome icons.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Re: Current social media services?

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pmAmazon, Digg, Dribbble, Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, Github, Google, Google Plus, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, Paypal, Pinterest, RSS, Skype, Reddit, Stumbleupon, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, Xing, Youtube
* Google recently announced that Google Plus will be shut down.
* StumbleUpon was shut down in June 2018 in favor of a new platform called Mix.
* Vine does not allow for new uploads since January 2017, but the platform still exists (i.e. you can still access old content.

YL
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

Other services: Mastodon and anything federated ActivityPub related, PeerTube, PixelFed, ...; Invidious.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

erAck wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:32 pmOther services: Mastodon and anything federated ActivityPub related, PeerTube, PixelFed, ...; Invidious.
Devil's advocate: I have never heard of any of these besides Mastodon. :wink:

YL
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

yellowled wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:43 pm Devil's advocate: I have never heard of any of these besides Mastodon. :wink:
You lived under a rock? :P

https://fediverse.party/
https://fediverse.network/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I have not heard of those either, but as I mentioned, to be included, there has to be a font awesome icon for the service.
=Don=
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Added both, along with several more. Will be committing to github later today or tomorrow.
=Don=
JoyHandrix

Post by JoyHandrix »

I wonder if instagram and tiktok icons have been added