Clean Blog

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
bill

Clean Blog

Post by bill »

Clean Blog, to whoever designed it, thanks! Was looking for a simple CMS that my family and neighbors could edit easily and I could incorporate into my simple but customized home website and could be used on phones and tablets since people these days seem to think those are computers.

I know I have more work to do on the front page, just got it working, but so others can see, and (LOL) judge, it's at http://www.crowderfarm.com. Windows 10 UAP/Phone store web-app as "Cane Creek News". This is a hobby, it's ad-free and as clean as I can make it... So far... :)

The (Admin) link should be "nofollow" as default. My next adventure is to make the Default Header Image a bootstrap Carousel... :)
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Clean Blog

Post by Don Chambers »

Looks great Bill ! Thanks for sharing!
=Don=
lazza
Regular

Post by lazza »

Hey Bill,
I think this looks great - very clean and simple and in fact quite similar to what I am hoping for. I'm currently looking into blog engines myself and think Serendipity may take the biscuit!
I hope you don't mind me asking, which theme did you use?
:D
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

lazza wrote:I hope you don't mind me asking, which theme did you use?
The theme is called Clean Blog. Like the title of this forum thread. :mrgreen:

YL
lazza
Regular

Post by lazza »

Aha! That makes sense. I thought we were just talking about blogs with a clean aesthetic, and that sounded great!
:lol:
Huhu
Regular

Plugin hook in header

Post by Huhu »

Thanks for the fantastic theme. It fits very well for certain uses, nice configuration, just smooth.
Just one question. I would like to add the "MyCalendar" countdown/date display to the header (just at the small Archive calendar symbol) to display the next event. Any way to do that directly?
Otherwise I would try to include the Plugin hook in the index.tpl theme (though that might be overwritten at future updates, therefore this doesn't feel too sensible).

Oh and if you have it at hand, a tip where to find the hook for the tpl woudl be great ... so not for sidebar components itself, but for a certain component (in this case, MyCalendar).

Here we go if you are interested: http://mariedalsloppis.se
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I am not familiar with that plugin.... but if you know what the HTML is, you could add it at approximately line 86 of index.tpl.... it would look something like this:

Code: Select all

<a class="navbar-brand" href="PATH/TO/PLUGIN/">LINK TEXT</a>
I will need a few days for a more detailed response and to actually test it.
=Don=
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Thanks, i will try to dig out the actual link (LINK TEXT is a variable, since it displays the next date). And report back when I found the time.
If you happen to stumble over it, feel free to report it here of course ;)
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I will do the best that I can.
=Don=
adnanmarzuki

Post by adnanmarzuki »

Thats look great bill. Simple and minimalist design. Very aesthetic and soft. Love it :D