Multiple preview image slideshow?

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Don Chambers
Regular

Multiple preview image slideshow?

Post by Don Chambers »

So I was wondering.....

In the backend theme selection, we show preview_fullsize.jpg for each theme. What do you guys feel about using a slide show if more than a single image exists for that theme? Such as a predictable file naming pattern like preview_fullsize_01.jpg, preview_fullsize_02.jpg, etc.

Thoughts?

PS - I have zero experience with the new backend... just thought if we were using jQuery, it might not be that difficult.... and one of YOU guys could do it if we thought it was a good idea. :mrgreen:
=Don=
onli
Regular

Re: Multiple preview image slideshow?

Post by onli »

One problem: Every single image get downloaded currently, meaning the first opening of that page already takes way too much time. Having more images there would make that problem bigger.

Otherwise, it's a good idea, and if we could use that request as an opportunity to improve initial load time – can't we just host them all elsewhere and download them on demand? – that would be a great thing.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Multiple preview image slideshow?

Post by yellowled »

I'm not exactly opposed, but I think it would be a bit pointless since the theme preview thumbnails (and those are the only ones we could to the slideshow on) are rather small. Plus, as onli said, loading the themes page already takes ages, especially with Spartacus activated for themes.

YL