Mimbo in responsive

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Guido

Mimbo in responsive

Post by Guido »

Hello, I'm Guido from Italy.
I have a blog in serendipity.
The template is Mimbo, but Mimbo is not responsive.
How I can transform Mimbo in a responsive template?
Thank You
Guido
yellowled
Regular

Re: Mimbo in responsive

Post by yellowled »

Guido wrote:How I can transform Mimbo in a responsive template?
Well, you would have to adapt Mimbo's styles using @media queries to make it responsive. Which, quite honestly, probably isn't worth the effort. Mimbo is pretty old, I assume it would take quite some changes to make it responsive.

Your best alternative as of now is to use one of the responsive themes available for serendipity. As of now, those are (as far as I know/are publically available in the order in which they were released):
  • 2k11 (part of the core)
  • resy (available on/through Spartacus)
  • photo (available on/through Spartacus)
  • clean-blog (available on Don's site)
  • next (part of the core)
However, non of these are magazine themes like Mimbo. Magazine themes are rather complex, so they are quite an effort to develop. As far as I know, there is no responsive magazine theme for serendipity (yet).

You best bet coming from Mimbo might be clean-blog or 2k11.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

bartleby (also on spartacus) is responsive as well.
reinhardl
Regular

Post by reinhardl »

hi,
you can check this: https://github.com/reinhardl/Universal

Greetings
Jayfirms

Post by Jayfirms »

Hello guys, i'm brand new here. I signed up because I also have a problem with Mimbo theme, it just looks like a complete mess on a smartphone, and certain tablets. So there is absolutely nothing I can do to make it responsive, like add some code? If I change to bartleby, can it somehow change my site layout and menus? I really don't want it to make fundamental changes to my site, as I like it the way it is, except for the responsive issue.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Jayfirms wrote:I signed up because I also have a problem with Mimbo theme, it just looks like a complete mess on a smartphone, and certain tablets. So there is absolutely nothing I can do to make it responsive, like add some code? If I change to bartleby, can it somehow change my site layout and menus? I really don't want it to make fundamental changes to my site, as I like it the way it is, except for the responsive issue.
That's because Mimbo is not responsive. It was designed and implemented long before responsive web design was a thing. You can obviously use a reponsive theme instead, but that weill definitely change the way your site looks. It's a different theme, after all.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Try 2k11 for now... or Clean Blog, which will be a core s9y theme pretty soon. I also have another responsive theme coming out you may like, but need another week or so to get it ready.
=Don=