Wide version of Jazzcafe.

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
santisis

Wide version of Jazzcafe.

Post by santisis »

Hi from Argentine!

I'm using a Serendipity with Jazzcafe since 2007... when screens were not as wide as now.

I've made some minor (really really minor) changes in the CSS of Jazzcafe in order to adjust its width to the screen width instead of the fixed 800px in the original version.

You can view the look of the patch in my blog and download it here(*).

Thanks,
Sebastián

[edit](*): just diff it with the vanilla Jazzcafe version, I don't think you want my Analytics code ;).[/edit]
jefpeace

Re: Wide version of Jazzcafe.

Post by jefpeace »

Hello,

First, let me say I'm impressed with this. I chose Jazzcafe also and hate the way it looks on my screen. I'd love to implement your changes to my blog as well and I've downloaded your tar file, but I'm quite new to this whole thing and haven't a clue what to do next. Help?

Thanks in advance,

Jef

Oh- also, I'm on my way to your other post and will need help with that as well. I hope I'm not too much of a pest.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

jefpeace wrote:I chose Jazzcafe also and hate the way it looks on my screen.
One teeny, tiny thing to think about: while it is your blog and you should like the way it looks, you should also consider that this is just your view on it using your preferred hardware. Your readers might read your blog under completely different circumstances.
jefpeace wrote:I'd love to implement your changes to my blog as well and I've downloaded your tar file, but I'm quite new to this whole thing and haven't a clue what to do next.
Unpack the tar.gz file you downloaded. Upload these files to /templates/jazzcafe-wide/. Choose Jazzcafe wide as the theme in your blog. Save. Done.

YL
jefpeace

Post by jefpeace »

yellowled>>>Thanks so much! That was ridiculously simple and I'm almost ashamed I couldn't figure it out myself.

As for you comment re how the blog looks to the rest of the world ... words to the wise and understood. This is a responsive theme and looks good in pretty much all resolutions. It even looks good on my iPhone and my wife's Android!
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

jefpeace wrote:That was ridiculously simple and I'm almost ashamed I couldn't figure it out myself.
Don't be. You're new to s9y, we have been playing with it for years. :)
jefpeace wrote:This is a responsive theme and looks good in pretty much all resolutions.
I'm not sure which theme you're referring to, but Jazzcafe is definitely not what we consider a “responsive theme” these days. (That would be something like 2k11.)

YL