[Solved] Template not changeable

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Anjuli

[Solved] Template not changeable

Post by Anjuli »

Hello there,

I tried to find an existing topic that might lead to a solution to my problem, but didn't find any. So I start a new topic for that. Sorry in case this has already been covered.

I am running my blog on Serendipity Version 1.4.1. and currently use template Andreas08. I've developed my own template though and would like to change to it now. So I tried to change from Andreas08 to my new template, but it didn't work. I just got a blank site on the blog as well on the admin site. I was quite suprised since my new template works on a test installation of serendipity that I had set up for developing.

However, I thought the reason lies in my own template because I did something wrong. So I undid the changes to the template selection and reset it to Andreas08. To prove that it is indeed my template that is causing troubles I changed the template to a different standard template of the Serendipity Package. Also in this case the change wasn't successful and left me with a blank site.

I would be very thankful if someone has an idea why I can't change to a different template anymore. Is it maybe because Andreas08 uses additional styleoptions that are not needed with other templates?

Thx in advance,
Anjuli
Last edited by Anjuli on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LazyBadger
Regular

Re: Template not changeable

Post by LazyBadger »

WSOD mostly means errors in template rendering. You can try to read server's log in order to detect problem.Just an idea - did you checked content of template_c dir? Can you see compiled new templates in it?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Anjuli wrote:I am running my blog on Serendipity Version 1.4.1. and currently use template Andreas08.
No, white page normally happens with some fatal error stopping the system to fall through the fallbacks, if something was not able to be reached by your template.

I would say, check the server (apache or whatever) error logs to see the real reason.

Then upgrade to latest serendipity version 1.5.5, so you are more secure, more efficient, and all posssible errors in core are gone. If it still happens, you can definitely know its your template!
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Anjuli

Post by Anjuli »

Thank you for the quick replies. I will check the error logs and do the upgrade to the latest version. I post again in case I find something.
Anjuli

Post by Anjuli »

Updating to the current version did it. Thank you for the help!