Question adding extra add space in BulletProof / i3 Themes

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
jschulenburg
Regular

Question adding extra add space in BulletProof / i3 Themes

Post by jschulenburg »

I've seen some nice advertisement additions to s9y, but how is this all done? See the http://www.s9y.org site with a nice small add on the article. Or on LornaJane.net, which has a header placed using the html nugget plugin. Is there someone who can describe where to make additions/changes to the several .tpl and .css files to be able to add adds (via html nugget). I'm looking for a way to be able to add adds on:
- header
- article
- footer
But still be able to configure when and where to show them. E.g. On the frontpage show only sidebar add via html ngget, on every other page sidebar and footer, etc.
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Question adding extra add space in BulletProof / i3 Them

Post by Don Chambers »

The header and footer will typically be in the file index.tpl, while each individual entry will be entries.tpl. You can check out my kinetic template for ideas on ad placement.
=Don=
jschulenburg
Regular

Re: Question adding extra add space in BulletProof / i3 Them

Post by jschulenburg »

Thanks Don for the quick reply. I did look at your template which looks great! However, i'm looking for some technical information on where to put code and so on for the mentioned templates. I'm very happy with s9y (it's fast, easy), but i would like more flexibility. Like, for example, the i3 theme supports left, hidden, right, but why not top and bottom to?