new theme "foto"

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
reinhardl
Regular

new theme "foto"

Post by reinhardl »

not finished yet but almost ...

the black box works with jquery and can be disable
the 2col are on the frontpage and in the archive pages
the 2col frontpage can be disable

http://urlaubsfoto.org (sorry it´s in german but with many photos... :roll: )

comments and suggestions are welcome
Last edited by reinhardl on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
onli
Regular

Re: new theme "foto"

Post by onli »

Hi
I like how you made the sidebar a compact thing. Also the black box seems to work quite well.

Did you notice the string at the ende of the page, surely not belonging there? Maybe it's just from the current work in progress, but i thought i mention it.

I have the feeling that there are quite some areas a trained eye would see improvements for the template. Take for example the shadow of the content-area. It is larger at the right, as if the light shines a bit from the left, at the top is no shadow at all but at the bottom, there is - feels not like that was thought to the end. Where shall the light come from?

The "kommentar abschicken"-button don't show the full text at my system. And the footer is a bit more to the left than to the right (maybe just because of my font-size, widening the sidebar? Then ignore it :-) ). The navigation-link-area has no separation to the white background to the left and to the right, which kind of conflicts with the blue border at the top and bottom.

Think i stop here for now :) I don't want to anger you with criticism ;)
Sasni
Regular

Post by Sasni »

Can we download it?
reinhardl
Regular

Post by reinhardl »

Sasni wrote:Can we download it?
sure - if it´s ready - I have to remove some code
abdussamad
Regular

Post by abdussamad »

Gorgeous themes.

A few small bugs. The category links above the post title on the frontpage are wrong:

http://urlaubsfoto.org/categories/35-De ... est-Europa

Looks like they are two links that have been concatenated by mistake.

The other bug is that the homepage link (?) at the bottom right of the page is not an active link.

Apart from the above its a great theme. I especially like the use of css3 shadows and the drop down jquery menus.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Still some validation errors, most likely due to external code like FB like and stuff. Please make sure that these are not created or maybe even compensated by the template.

The hover states for the navbar links without a submenu (like „Datenschutz) don't look good in their current state, but I love the fact that the dropdown menu is still accessible with JS deactivated. Not sure embedding the contact form in a dropdown is such a good idea, though.

Images within entries could use some work, too. (border, margins, maybe box-shadows?) Same for the comment form buttons -- the hover state doesn't really match the unhovered state.

Anyway -- with some work and quality assurance, this has a chance to become an impressive, unique s9y theme. Good job.

YL