Enlarging Thumbnails

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
johncox

Enlarging Thumbnails

Post by johncox »

Mouse over? How can I make thumbnail pix bigger on (say) mouse over .. or by some other means .. when a viewer wants to enlarge just the one pic at a time?
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Enlarging Thumbnails

Post by Don Chambers »

If you merely want larger thumbnails, there is a configuration setting that determines thumbnail dimensions. From the admin page, go to Administration -> Configuration -> Image Conversion Settings.

If you want a hover effect to open a larger version of your image, check out the lightbox/greybox/thickbox event plugin.
=Don=
johncox

Post by johncox »

Thanks, Don. My version of Serendipity is provided by Aplus.net. Do the implementations vary? Can't find any mention of this plug-in on the list of plug-ins shown on this site.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

johncox wrote:Thanks, Don. My version of Serendipity is provided by Aplus.net. Do the implementations vary? Can't find any mention of this plug-in on the list of plug-ins shown on this site.
I do not know if your version varies. You have two choices for plugins.

First, go to Appearance -> Configure Plugins. The first set of plugins are Sidebar plugins. The second set are Event Plugins. Look for an event Plugin named Spartacus. Install it, which will hopefully allow you to fetch plugins (and templates) from the serendipity repository. Once installed, search the respository for the Lightbox plugin. Its pretty popular, though I have never used it.

If you cannot install Spartacus, or it will not work properly with your provider, you can download plugins and templates manually here, then ftp them to your hosting account.
=Don=
johncox

Post by johncox »

You've been very helpful, Don, but one thing seems to lead to another!! The system won't save the plugin because .. "Fetched 359124 bytes from already existing file on your server. Saving file as /services/webpages/l/a/lamartinie.fr/public/blogs/templates_c/package_event_en.xml...

Cannot write to directory /services/webpages/l/a/lamartinie.fr/public/blogs//plugins/. Please check the permissions."

I can't find any directories with exactly these names on my site .. similar, but not identical .. I've freed up the permissions on the ones I can find, but it still won't save the plugin.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi

Using an FTP tool you must make the directory "plugins" writable for the PHP user, i.e. 777.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/