i3 theme question

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
kalos
Regular

i3 theme question

Post by kalos »

Hello all,

I'm currently using i3 theme 1.6, and I wanted to know if there was a way to make it so that there was only one side-column and the content. Basically, I would like it to be Sidebar-Blog entries (S-B) instead of three columns. Is there any way to do this, or is it not worth the effort?

Thank you preepmtively.
yellowled
Regular

Re: i3 theme question

Post by yellowled »

kalos wrote:I'm currently using i3 theme 1.6, and I wanted to know if there was a way to make it so that there was only one side-column and the content. Basically, I would like it to be Sidebar-Blog entries (S-B) instead of three columns. Is there any way to do this, or is it not worth the effort?
It should be possible, but it's certainly not a walk in the park.

Step 1: You'd have to add another layout option to the config.inc.php's layout array.

Step 2: You'd have to emit the XHTML code for that option in the index.tpl, i.e. a single sidebar plus maybe an optional class to the content column. Depends on how you'd want to layout this -- keep the width of the left sidebar for the single sidebar, make it wider than the left sidebar etc.

Step 3: You'd have to add CSS styles for the new layout, preferably to the s9y.css.

YL
kalos
Regular

Post by kalos »

Ah, so it isn't something simple. Seeing as customising s9y is not familiar to me, how much would you charge to do that?
fastforward

Post by fastforward »

Hello all,

I am currently using i3 theme 1.6, and I wanted to know if there is a way to make it so that there is only one side-column. I would like it to be Sidebar-Blog entries instead of 2 columns. Is there any way to do this, or it is not possible ? I need some fast help because it is going to be great help in my project work.
R4
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

fastforward wrote:I am currently using i3 theme 1.6, and I wanted to know if there is a way to make it so that there is only one side-column. I would like it to be Sidebar-Blog entries instead of 2 columns. Is there any way to do this, or it is not possible ?
See http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?p=90211#p90211

The answer is basically the same.

YL