another minor patch

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: another minor patch

Post by Don Chambers »

So, can we get a smarty var for the archive path in 2.0.1?
=Don=
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Don, I'm not into the code at the moment. I guess that probably there exists a way, or rather, the original solution has to be fixed. I'd like to wait to have Garvin confirm he had a look at it or go into the code myself/try to really understand the problem by trying to reproduce the issue.

Is there already an issue for this on github? If not and you want to help further with this, it would be great of you open one with a really short and concise description of the bug/missing feature.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

OK guys, here's what I found out:
  • $serendipityArchiveURL is a variable that gets assigned by serendipity_event_staticpage. It is *NOT* available in the core, and it is *NOT* available in every serendipity view. Thus, this variable is actually not even safe to rely on or to use *AT ALL*. :-)
  • Because of this, the variable is usually only used in the staticpage-entries-listing.tpl smarty file of the staticpage plugin, and there only to link to the first page of an entries listing.
  • This is actually NOT the archive (singular!) that Don wants to link to, so to use this variable is wrong in TWO ways, not only in one way. ;-)
  • Bottom of the line: What you want to use is to create a config.inc.php file for your template, do:

Code: Select all

$serendipity['smarty']->assign('archiveURL', serendipity_rewriteURL(PATH_ARCHIVE));

and then refer to that variable. For serendipity 2.0.1/2.1.0 I have added serendpity_rewriteURL as a smarty modifier, so that in the future you can do:

Code: Select all

{$CONST.PATH_ARCHIVE|rewriteURL}

within a template, which will also make other URL paths available, too.
HTH,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Sweet! Works exactly as I asked for. Thanks a bunch Garvin!
=Don=