uncommenting a line in index.tpl makes verification fail

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
ju
Regular

uncommenting a line in index.tpl makes verification fail

Post by ju »

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature or if I am just trying the wrong way. I use s9y 1.4.1 with bulletproof theme and wanted to add a favicon. in ./templates/bulletproof/index.tpl there are two lines saying:

Code: Select all

<!-- uncomment the line below if your site uses a favicon -->
        <!--   <link rel="shortcut icon" href="{$serendipityBaseURL}favicon.ico" /> -->
So I put my favicon in the s9y folder and uncommented the <link ..../> line. The result was that verify installation integrity failed telling me that index.tpl was corrupt or modified. I checked if I had removed too much or touched anything else - no. Copied an original index.tpl from another installation over it -> verification was fine. Tried to install the favicon again -> verification failed. The installation runs smoothly otherwise, so I don't worry about the failure, I just wonder if this is a bug or a feature and how I am supposed to proceed to not alarm the integrity check.
Last edited by ju on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: uncommenting a line in index.tpl makes verification fail

Post by Don Chambers »

The verification code detects that you modified bulletproof's index.tpl file, so it is no longer identical to when it was distributed with 1.4.1... you can ignore that warning since you know that it was YOU who made the modification, and not some malicious action.

If you do not want to receive that warning, remove this line from checksums.inc.php:

Code: Select all

'templates/bulletproof/index.tpl' => '42bf1fc6cdf47c233e34828d50d338b3',
=Don=
ju
Regular

Post by ju »

Thanks a lot. I knew, I didn't need to worry, but I thought that, if I just ignore the warning, I won't be warned when there is really something wrong.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

You're right; if you remove that line from checksums.php.inc, and something changes your index.tpl, you won't be warned. If another file is changed (which is much more likely), you will still be warned.

I've been considering adding a "bless my modifications" capability. I'm extremely busy right now, but I'll give it more consideration when I finally get some time.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

judebert wrote:I've been considering adding a "bless my modifications" capability.
That would be cool. 8)
=Don=
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Keeley!

Which changes did you make exactly? When you do many changes, it would be helpful if you create your own template, and that is not affected by checksums. Plus, it also saves you from accidentally overwriting your customizations when you update to a new s9y version.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/